King of Servers 2015 - ANRPC Netrunner Team Tournament at Worlds

I would certainly be interested in taking part

1 Like

Jeez you guys better …

1 Like

Dammit Spags this is sounding awesome. I assume it’s starting later in the day so if I scrub it in Conquest I can head over. If I don’t bail and play I can help judge when I’m done at the event center. I’ll throw in regardless to fund this den of shenanigans.

2 Likes

Events have transpired. If this happens on Friday; Madison might appear.

1 Like

looks like the Wolves are playing the Heat at home on Nov 5th (Thursday). sounds perfect for those interested in baskethoops!

2 Likes

Ooooo, that could be a good one. Wiggins guarding Wade, Bosh guarding Towns…

Rubio guarding Dragic!

1 Like

Oh, FUCK yes.

I periodically get discount codes from the Wolves, so I may be able to nab a block of tickets at a lower rate for this. Maybe we should start our own planning thread a little closer to the date?

2 Likes

We can also prob. get a discount group rate. I actually have multiple connections on the Milwaukee Bucks. I’ll reach out.

3 Likes

just so it’s clear I’d like to be in on this too if I may. Wolves included.

We’re considering making this a team-format tournament to set it apart from worlds in general, make things a little more fun and interesting, and keep the tournament on the shorter side despite potentially having a lot of people.

10 Likes

Sweet idea. TEAM GB REPRESENT.

3 Likes

I’ll be in that tournament, thanks :wink:

Do we know what time it will start on Friday yet?

I don’t have a venue confirmed. Looking at noon. However, my main prospect is 9A - midnight, a bartender most of the time (cash bar), and we can bring in any food we want.

Thoughts on starting before noon?

No problem for me. Us Brits are still gonna be waking up super early anyway…

2 Likes

Are you doing the team format? I’d suggest maybe a 1 PM start time. Let teams get together and strategize and confiscate jank decks from their weaker-willed teammates.

Plus, I don’t usually wake up until like 11 when The Rockford Files starts, so asking me to play Netrunner before noon is like asking a normal job-having person to play Netrunner before 7 AM.

I think 11am start time is more than reasonable. That gives us time to get a round in, and then start drinking so we don’t look like degenerate alcoholics.

3 Likes

OK. Will shoot for 11A, 6 rounds, with a dinner break after 4, cut to top 2 teams. If we have the venue later, people can stick for a cube draft or whatnot, or, GTFO.

Sound good?

3 Likes

One Conquest ticket up for grabs! Oh wait . . . Thanks FFG.

1 Like