Mumbad Cycle

The card has to already have a power counter on it right?

Otherwise Data Raven :scream:

1 Like

oh, derp. i keep forgetting how bad H3 really is until someone jokingly tries to find a use for it.

5 Likes

Well, it could buy you the full 3 turns if you do something like install it off a street peddler after they advance the winning agenda (but before they score it), or if you use dr. Lovegood to turn it off on your turn until they’ve scored up to 7. But yeah, usually 2- and that’s if you can predict which turn they will win the game on.

In the peddler scenario it still only buys you two turns. You install it on their turn, then at start of your turn it gets 1 counter. You now have two turns to win before at the beginning of your third turn it will reach 3 power counters.

Lovegood also doesn’t buy you any more than two turns. It just lets you install the file early before you’re put on a 2 turn timer once the corp reaches 7 ap.

2 Likes

Oh, right- it just helps you get the full 2 turns when you need them, it doesn’t give you any more turns. My bad.

Here’s a new spoiler from our draft today. There’s at least one more new one floating around the table too

Edit: Nope, that’s the only new card in our pod

7 Likes

Interesting breaker. Probably better than Garrotte. Very nice with Datasucker. That fact makes it sucks compared to Mimic, but maybe it can work?

1 Like

Flavor text owns. Might be a mimic backup, to deal with Archer and other sentries you can’t get with it?

3 Likes

Awkward. 7 credits to break Ichi is not good, so it won’t replace the Datasucker part of Mimic/Datasucker.

1 Like

Only 6 unless I’m misreading, breaks 2 subs for 1. Seems like its designed for facechecking but Faerie does that but better.

Ah, true. But still.

Good permanent Sentry breaker for Crim. I think you want Faerie as main for huge things like Archer, but 3c through Architect ain’t bad. Could work in Andysucker/Andythreader to free up Inf from Mimic.

2 Likes

There are some big issues with only breaking one sentry a turn (edit: a run), though.

Shit, I should RTFC. That’s terrible.

Run. Per run. Still an issue, but…

1 Like

Exposing ice is important? Faerie backup? And you’re (kinda) fine with the new Criminal runner.

It feels like it’s just a little too marginal on too many things- if it was cheaper to install or higher strength or didn’t have the once a run restriction or if Faerie didn’t exist, it would be pretty good. Maybe a killer for shapers if Assassin pushes high-strength sentries?

Wow. We all need to RTFC, several times, before we comment. :slight_smile:

Still a bad restriction, but not as bad as I thought. I think it could work OK. Final answer. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

If Mimic was 2 influence it’d definitely see some play. As-is… maybe? Needing to run multiples sucks for the Special Order faction, and datasuckers are good in part because of their synergy.

EDIT: Synergy with Mimic when that is run but also Desperado.

Mongoose is not unique, so if you are planning to run multiples to see it early you can install more copies as the game progresses if needed (and assuming you have the MU). So that’s one possible workaround to its drawback.

1 Like