Mumbad Cycle

So can I just check. Can the runner access agendas hosted on full immersion studio, or do they have to trash it first (as I was told worlds plaza works)?

Also am I the only person who doesn’t get the vanilla joke?

I won’t hold my breath for any substantial Weyland support in Mumbad. It seems to me that FFG have only recently started to realize how underpowered the faction is (after Mumbad design was complete).

Yes. It’s vanilla ICE.

Neither Worlds Plaza nor RecStudio work that way. The Runner always accesses cards in the order of their choice.

1 Like

RE: vanilla joke. it’s ok, it took me a long time too. hint: read flavor text. also, watch this video.

as for accessing, yes you can access hosted cards and can choose to do so before or after accessing full immersion (but you do have to access everything UNLESS you trash full immersion/worlds plaza first, then the hosted unaccessed cards are trashed, and you don’t access them). no, that’s not how worlds plaza works.

EDIT: super ninja’d while typing :frowning:

I wish I hadn’t asked!

Thanks on the Worlds Plaza ruling, I thought it was pretty weird otherwise.

Speaking of printing more efficient versions of green cards, here’s better Wormhole that rezzes for 3 (!)

3 Likes

Only resolves Bioroid subs.

Sure, but that’s a solvable problem. I guarantee this makes it into more tournament decks in its first 6 months than Wormhole ever will.

9 Likes

No doubt in my mind on that. a 3 rez 5 str code gate that can realistically trash a program and end the run? Huuuuuuuuuurf.

2 Likes

It’s still clickable. It’s a great piece of ice no doubt but I wouldnt call it strictly better than Wormhole.

4 Likes

As someone quite conservative on balance I feel like it could be unique to protect my precious Hudson in faction; but I am also pumped for going back to stronger together when these come out.

I’ve been saying that for awhile. I’m personally of the opinion that Geist will be the best Criminal once Mumbad drops, but I’m probably a bit biased.

5 Likes

Sports Hopper might make going cloud actually viable for Geist imo

as it is now, i just run Desperado and never really care about having more MU, but if i can get cloud online at the same time protecting myself from flatlines, i’m all for it.

i can’t wait to see the text on Tech Trader

2 Likes

The only thing I dislike about Sports Hopper for Geist is the 3 install cost. I do love the theme of Geist running a cloud rig out his car though.

Tech Trader gives me dirty thoughts.

3 Likes

What scares me is you’ve just described an old Exile deck of mine :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: OMFG, why the F$*K does NBN get the re-imagined Namatoki?!? And 4 Inf!

1 Like

the link is just an incidental effect. the main appeal for me is that it’s an instant replacement for plascrete since it’s the same type, influence, install cost, and, for most intents and purposes, the same amount of damage protection. plus it lets Geist make Drive-bys in style

[quote=“Icedman, post:801, topic:4340”]
EDIT: OMFG, why the F$*K does NBN get the re-imagined Namatoki?!? And 4 Inf!
[/quote]for less cost, higher trash, and self-protection with an ability that increases the trash cost. this card is so bonkers

1 Like

Pretty nice Ravana 1.0 is only one influence.
Now my NEH bioroids deck might actually work.
3xBrain Taping Warehouse, 3xEli, 3x Ravana and some other nice low influence bioroids and go crazy with taxation in NBN

Anyone spot Run Amok?

3 Cost, 2 Influence Anarch Run.

Make a Run. When the run ends, trash a piece of ice that was rezzed during this run.

2 Likes

yeah that one’s really solid because it works regardless if the run is successful.

btw, here’s a blog on BGG that has pretty much the best up-to-date status of spoiled cards: Four Is Flatline | BoardGameGeek

2 Likes

[quote=“moistloaf, post:766, topic:4340, full:true”]
Full Immersion Studio… so NBN gets a possibly playable version of Worlds Plaza… thanks FFG! Weyland design is almost a joke at this point.[/quote]

Not even kidding - it’s really hard to be optimistic at this point.

Once again, echoing the comments about Ravana 1.0 and Wormhole. I even think Wormhole is a pretty decent card - Ravana, however, is just straight-up excellent, however.

Bhagat looks really strong to me, but is pretty clearly a card for a specific deck/archetype.

Given its awesome name, I’m pleased to see that Run Amok is a high power level card (sort of Anarch’s thing right now). Feels like a good card to use when making a run on a scoring remote - the Corp is damned if they rez, damned if they don’t.

Also, because I don’t think it’s been touched on here yet, here’s a transaction that wishes it were in dark green - Lateral Growth. Not bad - obviously only really optimized in the ID that has to spend 2 influence per copy on it.

4 Likes