[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

Exactly.

Does nobody like Corroder? How are you dealing with Wraparound without it?

I am heavily dependent on Grimoireā€™s 2MU, especially since I gave up Levy for Trope to recur Parasites, Cache, Clone Chip, and occasionally fodder. If I went to Turntable, Iā€™d have to add MU (probably via Djinn).

I didnā€™t feel the need for a second corroder yet. Vs wraparound you have 2 d4vids till you draw into corroder. 3 breakers for what is usually just 3 barriers in NBN is fair game IMO.

1 Like

I did note that youā€™ll need a corroder or d4v1d in the op. But ya, 2MU and a great console ability solve a lot of issues with slots you have find room for without Grimoire.

Totally, Iā€™m still 1 corroder and 2 davids.

1 Like

Iā€™ve playing a noise siphon dlr that i see on meteor. I think itā€™s from @TheBigBoy Itā€™s really fun and iā€™m having success with it in jinteki but i donā€™t know if it will be viable in a competitive environment. Any advice?

Could you link it, please?

yeah sorry! http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/a7oRpeGMDjRNYk5gD/

Thanks. No plascretes?

Haha I canā€™t believe this got out.

Donā€™t play this with friends. Itā€™s totally unfun.

Great players will (probably) never lose to it, but it buries the unprepared.

2 Likes

Yeah! for me itā€™s a lot of fun when the first siphon comes xD

Yea siphon noise is nothing new, but for those expecting durdley faust noise shenannigans, this is a rude awakening. I do also think good players can pick up on siphon early, and it isnā€™t a big deal to play around.

If you land a turn 1-2 full siphon against even a good player you pretty much win though. The whole deck is optimized to never let them back into the game once that happens.

2 Likes

I think most people are happier to ice HQ first nowadays against Noise (well since Lamprey came on-board), whereas they used to usually go for RnD first, fearing the Medium dig. Still, itā€™s a heckuva nice sneak attack.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen a lot of MWL Faust-Noise lists, so I thought Iā€™d share mine. This deck carried my corp at my last SC, and I donā€™t see a lot of changes coming to it soon.

Deck #52

Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core Set)

Event (6)
3x DĆ©jĆ  Vu (Core Set)
3x Iā€™ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)

Hardware (3)
1x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]ā˜† ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Grimoire (Core Set)

Resource (14)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Aesopā€™s Pawnshop (Core Set) [color=#32CD32]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢[/color]
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) [color=#708090]ā€¢[/color]
2x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (5)
1x Corroder (Core Set)
3x Faust (The Underway)
1x Mimic (Core Set)

Program (18)
3x Cache (The Spaces Between) [color=#4169E1]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Datasucker (Core Set)
3x Imp (What Lies Ahead)
2x Lamprey i[/i]
2x Medium (Core Set)
2x Parasite (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]ā˜†ā˜†[/color]
2x Trope (Old Hollywood)
12 influence spent (max 15-3ā˜†=12)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I dropped the 3rd Parasite for a Hades Shard, which has won several games for me. Iā€™ve been pretty happy with Trope, I donā€™t like losing the MU, but there is enough with Grimoire.

Using Trope to load up my stack with some of my best cards, while still leaving some powerful targets for Deja Vu and Clone Chip has been great. Recovering a spent Iā€™ve Had Worse from a failed flatline attempt also saved me once. I like Trope a lot more than I thought I would, right now I think itā€™s better than Levy, even setting the influence aside.

What do you guys think? This thread seems to have died when MaxX came onto the scene.

2 Likes

Think the thread died a bit cos mwl did almost nothing to noise. IMO Noise is the best deck at the moment and it doesnā€™t matter too much how you build it.
Iā€™ve been playing with alternatives to the one clone chip - Iā€™m digging double sac con. Saves clot, faust from swordsman, or a resource from being trashed. Also helps keep lamprey lock on when thatā€™s going for you. Itā€™s super - oppressive.

Edit: sac con doesnā€™t save resources!

6 Likes

I like your suggestion of 2x Sacrificial Construct to protect key cards, including the econ engine resources, most of the trouble I get into is from corps tagging me to trash Aesopā€™s and Wyldside.

But I think the MWL did impact Noise, I had to drop some clone chips, levy and Yog (though I hadnā€™t been installing Yog anyways). I think a lot of Noise decks lost 4-5 influence. Unfortunately, I think the MWL changes may have stripped Noise decks to a tighter core with less diversity given there is less influence to spend now.

I guess Iā€™ve been curious about how other runners have been managing without Levy more than anything else.

All the old Noise players arenā€™t that chuffed about it. Was always cool being a little underrated.

3 Likes

Sac con is a great idea. Iv always found resource heavy noise to get a lot of hate from tag storm decks though. How are you finding the sync or haarp matchups?

Edit - actually like you said sac con helps there too. Neat.

How does saccon help with resources?

1 Like