[Noise] Welcome (back) to the Church

Thanks for the suggestion, and also not just saying ‘play something instead of spoilers because that’s what most people do/it’s definitely better’ (probably is better, but still).

I’ll try out the hades, could work well with spoilers, forcing suboptimal Jackson uses.

General question - merits of holding hades to play out of hand vs installing it for free? I can see switched on players popping Jackson as soon as I’m on 7 credits, and actually getting to 7 without clicking (and telegraphing the hades) is rare I find

I like to slot 1-2 career fair with it to surprise the corp at 4. Between that and peddler the corp should just consider using jacko right away lol. Otherwise, if you draw it in the first 1/4 of the game, just install it, can’t have it cloggin up your grip all game.

1 Like

Didn’t think there was a way for me to hate Noise more than “It’s not a win against Noise if it’s not a kill.”

What a discovery.

I’ve been curious to try spoilers for a while now, but I’ve long been worried I’d only get 1-2 mills out of it in most games. How has it worked for you?

I’ve slotted Run Amok, which I enjoy a lot and has certainly helped me in a number of games. It rarely destroys ICE, but getting down to upgrades/access for 3c isn’t bad. Take my advice with a grain of salt, I seem to be part of a minority that likes this card.

I am currently running Levy, but I rarely fire it. It is the difference maker that keeps me in a long glacier/1k cuts game, but the better advice may be to just win before it comes to that.

I run a Hades Shard, and it is great to snag agendas out of Archives. Install-access without an opportunity for the corp to Jackson has closed out many close games for me. It’s victory from the jaws of defeat stuff.

1 Like

That’s why I run 3 of them - I think you have to get one early otherwise they probably aren’t worth the deck slot. That being said, even 1-2 mills and then sell to aesops, for 1 to install, makes them decent in my opinion.

I think my employee strikes may be a reason for them doing more work than they are for you - slows down most corps a decent amount. I’ve had the same feeling with levy - against PE I hope to lamprey them to death so they can’t fire snares, and hopefully win before I run out of cards.

1 Like

Adding inject helps improve those “must find early” by a margin great enough to not need to include 3. I keep 3 aesops because he be trashed though.

Would you recommend inject in a deck without levy, trope or clone chip though? I can’t see that getting to a certain card earlier would make up for the amount of viruses going in the bin

The viruses could be at the bottom of your deck and so on. The viruses don’t matter as much until you have aesops online anyway. I’d spend the first turns digging hard to get wyldside/chrono/aesops online, then go to work. Levy helps you be reckless in getting setup.

That’s a fair point, and I’m forgetting that you do get the credits from programmes getting trashed with inject.

It’s a slightly different, and more aggressive, approach but I may switch to it

I’ve won games off the power of Lamprey and Medium before with no Aesop!

The viruses are in the deck because they are good and worth playing. Most of them will outlive their usefulness and get sold to Aesop when that happens. Aesop is decidedly the cart that follows the horse.

Its difficult to accomplish anything without cash. Certainly you can “do stuff” before aesop, but aesop lets you do more stuff, more quickly, especially in conjunction with wyldcakes.

I certainly agree with the need to get Aesop as soon as possible. With regards to inject, do you feel it’s that much better than IHW?

faster and provides you with some measure of income, and puts the viruses in the heap where deja can access them? Sure. If you IHW the viruses, you just throw them away…while digging for 1 less card. For kill decks, get in HQ and imp that shit. Or money up while milling until they can’t MS/Sea you. Turntable might be better for swapping breaking news…es.

3 Likes

Aesop certainly is important economy, but viruses are still important even before you dig out Aesop.

I certainly wouldn’t say the viruses don’t matter much until you have Aesop, they are valuable and effective even without the pawnshop.

Do you run Daily Casts? That might be how you’re balancing the econ. If you just dig hard for aesops, you can remove casts and have 3 whole slots for whatever you want, which IMO is inject + tech. It seems like you’re just adding draw to find aeops because you made aesops more necessary, but honestly you’re drawing lots of other things too, like deja, chronotype, wyldside, grimoire, feeder, etc.

Maybe its play style dependent, but I don’t think the top noise players have casts…I could be wrong though.

I dropped the cyberfeeder and the casts for 3 tech writers and been pretty happy. but I also run corroder and mimic to have something to use money for.

1 Like

I’ll start off by saying that I am by no means a top player.

Yes, I do run Daily Casts, but I don’t think cutting it to dig for Aesop’s is the right econ call. I’ve been stuck without Aesop’s (first one was 11 cards from the bottom of my stack) and needed Daily Casts to keep me in that game.

Also, cutting DC to add Inject so I don’t need DC seems a little circular to me. I have limited recursion, so losing programs to the inject isn’t particularly appealing to me either.

I see lots of lists that run 2x Faust and 2-3 Inject, but I just don’t think they are for me. If I wanted to run more recursion to rescue cards I need from the heap, I’d probably rather play MaxX.

I guess I may as well share my active list.

The description also shows a meteoric flash in my first 2 SCs, followed by a hard fall down to earth. I’m hoping to get a strong outing this weekend, but I need to get my runner head on straight first, as I don’t think my losses in recent weeks really do the deck justice.

1 Like

Yea I mean if its working for you, then it isn’t wrong. I just know that once you get better at managing your cash and running low on dollars, casts feels unecessary, or bad, when you have to click for credits just to play it. Having aesop’s holds you at the level you want to be at in noise, which is a virus or two, and run, with bursts up to take NAPDs and trash shit without Imp. My Noise game improved when I came off casts and forced myself to just play faster, find the right cards faster, and pressure more. Casts is the opposite of that to me. But again, if you’re winning, maybe its your style, so good on ya.

6 Likes

I think this is right if you intend running once a turn, if you don’t Casts can provide a really great off-set to Wyldside when you don’t have Aesops yet and need to install stuff. But it is very much a play-style thing and on that I’m agreed, if it ain’t broke, and all that jazz. I think it is a case of Casts vs Cyberfeeders, and the decision you take is based on how you want to play. Run-happy Noises pick feeders.

2 Likes

I am certainly willing to try new things, but I think there needs to be more econ than just Aesop and Cache in a deck. Looking at your list, you are proposing 2x Cyberfeeders, which is something I’ve seen proposed a lot; in fact:

I can certainly see this, the Cyberfeeder credits are good for the only two things that this deck spends credits on. I like to run often, and I believe my best games are when I run frequently to pressure the corp so that they do not feel safe in their remote, while continuing to mill them.

I will look at adjusting my deck to use Cyberfeeders and Inject to see if it works better for me.