OCTGN Bugs: API Version 3.1.0.0

So is Netrunner more or less unplayable at the moment? Just tried a match and Snare didn’t fire on access, and psi game didn’t initiate on access of Future Perfect. I’ll report bugs but wondering if it’s best to just wait until fixes are in place to play on OCTGN.

I find it playable, just had TFP not fire but Caprice was rezzed so we used her. Otherwise I would have done it manually and trusted other player to not change their roll.

Hosted cards like Parasite, Caissa, even OAI doesn’t properly work anymore.

The only time I encountered this, I had 2 credits, the Corp had 1 haha

I experienced the same problem today while playing a league game - the Future Perfect did not start the PSI game. We had to use discarded cards and apply numerical values to them, then bring them to the table.

I was hoping it was just people still using obsolete version because they didn’t update OCTGN/ANR, but if it’s still happening I suspect the OCTGN update broke the game for things the runner is accessing.

Which is why I dread those OCTGN updates. They always break my shit :frowning:

6 Likes

Yep, after looking deeper, OCTGN broke existing functionality with latest update. Until it’s fixed, all on-access effects will prolly remain broken

Very sorry to hear this! It must be a huge headache for you. Seems like Netrunner on OCTGN is more or less unplayable at the moment, if psi games don’t trigger on Future Perfect access from centrals.

I suppose I can get back into this reading books thing I used to do.

2 Likes

I guess I won’t play RP on SHL4 games anymore >:(

Fire Sale! Get your Future Perfects for FREE while it lasts! :wink:

7 Likes

I applied an emergency workaround (rolled back to API 3.1.0.0) which seems to be enough. Let me know if you notice anything else and keep ignoring the API warning in the lobby

1 Like

Now it’s even worse :frowning:

Ice is positioned wrongly (not 90 deg). psi game still don’t work. Cards don’t get drawn automatically when you place ID, and ID doesn’t get positioned in the place it should

I second this. Who can we sue

1 Like

Same problem as @stiv for me. The setup phase seems to work for opponents but for me it doesn’t draw a hand, doesn’t create a HQ/R&D/buttons/etc. Stuff like mulligans and f1ing seems to work but without HQ/R&D it’s unplayable. Started octgn 15 mins ago, got the message about the API rollback, tried restarting it twice since then with no change.

@bblum Ctrl+Shift+S will start the game, that fixes it for me.

1 Like

Oooh.

Sheesh, nobody warned me I might need to learn some obscure keybindings to play this game!

2 Likes

Thanks @db0 for your hard work. Dealing with those OCTGN devs breaking things would have worn out my patience a long time ago. You’re basically a saint.

12 Likes

You can also right click, game, setup. Took me a bit to figure it out also.

Just played a couple games on OCTGN with a fellow who figured a workaround for the PSI games.

is an online rock-paper-scissors page. Sets up a private page you can link to. It seemed to work fine. Hope my computer is not now filled with virii

2 Likes

I have always stated games this way… Odd