Post MWL NBN FA

I floated tags vs you knowing that you had only 2 and you got there so apparently :wink:

1 Like

I won an SC with the Glass Shop again, which (fortunately) I had to rename due to a bet with a friend.

2 Likes

http://puu.sh/n4flt/254ac12756.jpg

So what do you think about my fastro? Seen very much faust and viruses in the meta, so icing is kind of anti faust.Do you think 3 CVS and 13 ice is the best choice?

not sure the eli is really worth it any more. It kind of looks like you just threw a bunch of stuff from different competitive NEH FA decks into one deck. Iā€™m sure it might work, but itā€™ll lack some of the consistency of other decks. Not really a huge fan of the click intensive nature of marked accounts in a deck that is trying to score, and score fast. Also two fast track should pretty much be mandatory in FA decks atm. Outside of that, if your meta is 90% Faust and viruses, then outside of little engine and cvses, you could always try to find room for another archangel (I cut mine from 2 to 1 to make room for an enigma because people arenā€™t completely bonkers about faust yet here)

On an unrelated note, took Calimshaā€™s list (-1 Archangel - 3 special offer + 1 enigma + 3 pop up window) to our first winter gnk and went undefeated, playing v your standard noise crap, the new Tenma hotness, and a fisk DLR deck. Scoring astros behind resistors is a pretty sweet feeling

2 Likes

Iā€™m also playing pretty close to Calimshaā€™s list but with 1x Wall of Static and 2x Enigma - WoS is annoying for Faust and Enigma is a nice facecheck. Iā€™d been playing Pop-ups over Special Offer before but put in Offer to try it out and it turned out to be amazing - definitely recommend trying it out. Currently not entirely sold on Archangel, it doesnā€™t seem to work out a lot of the time. Little Engine is reeeeeal nice against Faust though.

haha the thing about the pop ups vs special offer me atm is that right now I am never low on money, especially with explodas in the deck. And just generally cheaper ice. So itā€™s not for the money. So why do I prefer pop up? Simple, I think itā€™s just psychology. People seem to really hate running through pop up. When that turns into two pop up, it only gets worse. Yesterday I had pop up parasited a couple of times, which was amazing, since it meant hidden resistors and wraparounds and quandary (ie etr ice) were not getting parasited. Also I could actually see fringe cases where a Faust player might actually break the special offer (maybe not even that fringe if they think you are on butcher).

But yeah, I imagine both are good choices, and TS definitely makes special offer seem appealing, so will definitely give it a go at some stage

1 Like

The Marked Accounts should be PADā€™s for sure. Iā€™d drop Eli, Roto, and 1x CVS personally but Iā€™m sure you can do fine with this list as is.

That doesnā€™t works vs good players though.

3 Likes

Lol thanks for the unneeded advice. Whilst I certainly agree, it doesnā€™t make special offer a straight up replacement for pop up in NEH FA. Like I said, Iā€™ll test it and see if I like it. But if you donā€™t really have anything else to offer then letā€™s leave it where it was at ^^

1 Like

Please turn your social skills on before reactingā€¦

Just say WHY it wonā€™t work would actually help.

16 Likes

Both popup and special offer?

biotic (49 cards)
Near-Earth Hub: Broadcast Center
ā€“ Agenda (0 cards)
1 15 Minutes
3 AstroScript Pilot Program
1 Breaking News
3 Explode-a-palooza
3 Project Beale
ā€“ Asset (0 cards)
3 Daily Business Show
3 Jackson Howard
3 PAD Campaign
2 Team Sponsorship
ā€“ ICE (0 cards)
2 Archangel
1 Enigma
3 Pop-up Window
3 Special Offer
1 Swordsman
2 Tollbooth
2 Wraparound
ā€“ Operation (0 cards)
2 Biotic Labor
3 Hedge Fund
3 Sweeps Week
ā€“ Upgrade (0 cards)
2 Cyberdex Virus Suite
3 SanSan City Grid

Iā€™d say needs more etr ice. Again, money is nice, but if you are usually not too poor to execute your gameplan, then you need etr ice as gear check ice to not simply lose to single and multi accesses early. Thatā€™s also why I cut archangel to 1, if they want to get through, they can do so, even without their code gate or AI breaker. You could theoretically cut pads for three of those ice, but the pads actually give you your free draws so they should stay in the deck. I do see that you put in two tollbooths, but you only have four etr ice in your deck, and two of them cost 8 creditsā€¦when the game is likely to end in the first 5-10 turns, thatā€™s kind of scary. Also 0 fast track seems scary, even with three dbs :confused: have you tried the list?

Calimsha Kate, Calimsha SO/TS NEH.

Letā€™s STOP arguing Pop Up/SO, and START discussing why Calimshaā€™s getting credit for my builds!

22 Likes

Iā€™m going to call mine SpagsShop just for you.

5 Likes

Yeah, and I like it quite a bit. Thereā€™s also an enigma in there, making it 5. But you have a point, an archangel could become a third wraparound perhaps. It looks flimsier on paper than it seems to play, honestly.

1 Like

Iā€™m playing Pup this week and no other Sentries. Iā€™m in the Pup camp. I canā€™t force a Killer out. But IIRC, Grim was the NEH sentry of choice before Architect. And 3 inf for one measly Architect just doesnā€™t seem better than 3x Sponsorships. Or 2x Pup and 1x Crisium. My list: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/MASuuK4Gv9bcqExCE/

If your dead set on playing Astrobiotics, Iā€™ve always thought the influance was always best spent on Jinteki ice. However, 3 Archangel seems a bit excessive. Youā€™ve always got to think of synergy vs power. Although Archangel has synergy with lotus Field, a third one wonā€™t have as much impact as say, a Turnpike or Data Raven. Both those ice will make the runner think you are on kill in the early game, force a killer in the mid game, and are a tax in the late game.

Because even with all his flaws we like him better then you? :kissing:

1 Like

Can we have a dislike button

12 Likes

Definitely a fair assessment of the mid-game and early game impact of tagging ICE. Iā€™m not mad at the Data Raven fakeout. Itā€™s pro. A few months ago, I even had a Gutenberg, to really sell it! :smile: And of course itā€™s great to force a Killer if you can.

At the same time, donā€™t you find that so many NEH games come down to that last turn Medium dig? The Last Turn is almost a game-phase in itself with how short most Astrobiotics games are. On that last turn of the game, the tagging ICE gets blanked, the 1st Markus 1.0 sub gets blanked, etc. I view Archangel as synergizing more with the whole NEH game plan of surviving Medium digs than synergizing with ETRs such as Lotus Field. With all the D4v1ds and Fausts out there, I guess Iā€™m trying to reach a critical mass of Archangels or something. Hoping to still be gear checking on the very last turn, forcing that 2nd D4v1d install or limiting Faust runs by a certain amount. Plus letā€™s not forget runners can happen into an Archangel on their dig and it might fire from deep in R&D bouncing a loaded Medium. Plus itā€™s a punishing facecheck in the early game, as long as itā€™s not too early. Basically Archangel OP I think. So much value for 4c. Such tax!

3 Likes