Post MWL NBN FA

I find I often don’t have the 3c to spare, since I likely want to be able to rez Archangel shortly after. Paying 3c to get rid of a D4vid counter feels terrible. Especially against Faust, where your Special Offers don’t fire as often, money is not as available as I would like it to be. I’d rather run a 3rd Cyberdex than a 3rd Archangel for that reason.

Are you asking about Archangel? Markus forces the runner to trash on of his or her installed cards, Archangel forces the corp to return one installed card to the runner’s grip.

Good targets for Archangel: loaded Kati Jones, anything hosting other cards (personal workshop, any Daemons, sometime MU), and cards that are expensive to install, particularly econ cards (ProCo, Mopus, Torch, Femme).

There are times when rezzing Archangel is a bad idea. I think the absolute worst case is against as the only ICE on R&D against Noise when he has a Cache installed, it gives Noise money and mills repeatedly, so don’t rez it in that situation.

1 Like

Who is ‘we’? :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely the case most of the time. Having it around at least forces the D4v1d install though, potentially shortening the “Last Turn” by 25%. I do want the ICE in the end, my total being only 13 and mostly weak ones. The early punish can be fantastic.

Guys?! Guys?! Where are you? :wink:

Royal plural? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Undefeated at Store Championship yesterday: Kwik-E-Shop or Spags' NEH · NetrunnerDB

4 Likes

You faced Whizz several times, which is a matchup I haven’t been able to solve with spags.dec. Any pointers on how to play differently?

1 Like

Looks like people have settled on the same 36 agendas, asserts, upgrades and operations for FA. Main difference between these latest lists is the ice suite.

Move fast, mulligan for SanSan and event Econ. I also got strong openers with Wraparound in every game

2 Likes

So this list has more Wraparound for Faust hate. Why Data Raven over Turnpike? You put it on R@D or the San San remote more?

Almost always R&D. It’s more tax and is usually an ETR or a parasite magnet

1 Like

Can also be used on your sansan remote. Make it a real pain to deal, you don’t want to parasite or fork that.

Nice job. We solved NEHFA for now.

Next problem?

3 Likes

Councilman.

Hit me with your best solution to it.

Rez your sansan twice :). You got the money for it and it will deny 6 creds to the runner as well.

1 Like

I’m not sure Councilman will see play. Playing Councilman over Political Operative in Shaper or Anarch seems like playing Aurora over Corroder in Criminal, to me. Cman might be better against Plop in particular but not against the field in general.

I think Crim and some Anarchs will play PolyOp, but after testing Councilman in some Anarch decks recently, its worth the slot for sure, at least 2 of in most decks with nonlinear stratagies.

1 Like

I haven’t actually playtested so you outrank my idle speculation.

I don’t know, both cards are pretty good. The real shutdown comes from having both available.

With only PoliOp, the corp can rez and fire an asset before the runner can react (e.g. a run on Jackson Howard or Mark Yale will not change because PoliOp is on the board).

With only Councilman, the corp is forced to pre-rez their assets before they are fired (J-Ho and Mark Yale are screwed if they are unrezzed). This forces the corp to give up hidden information around their asset play, which is always valuable. With PoliOp, pre-rezzed assets are vulnerable to an instant trash at any time, which compliments Councilman nicely.

Both effects are powerful, but I think their power levels are much closer than you are giving them credit for. Maybe Snowball : Corroder :: Councilman : PoliOp is closer.

1 Like

Rely on Biotic. Rez when they’re low on creds. Rez at end of their turn if you have the creds. Use ASAP.

1 Like