Post MWL NBN FA

Hmm well I’ve been playing the lists that effectively trade their fast tracks and a piece of ice or something for mumba temples…my god that card is value…that being said I will prob cut one of my pads to put at least one fast track back in…atm am not running anti faust hate since my meta isn’t oversaturated with that crap, but we will see…instead I have room for one NAPD, and boy is that card good. Obviously an easy switch for something like swordsman if I deem it necessary for my local SC

I’d have trouble giving up Fast Track for anything. I still see a lot of MaxX, particularly after the cut (when I make the cut), and I can’t see landing my Chronos Project at the right time without a tutor.

Also, almost nothing is nearly as punishing as a runner leaving an SSCG the turn after you FA an Astro as using FT to pull up another Astro and scoring it straight out of R&D.

5 Likes

What are people’s thoughts on Mumba Temple in NEH?

Additionally, how should NEH FA evolve if Haley and other shapers are becoming more prevalent?

I’ve tried Mumba Temple, and it can give you really great economy. If you wanted to play Turtlebacks with NEH, you’d probably want to include it too.

Hedge Fund, Sweeps Week and PAD Campaign are still better, I’d say. More often than you’d think, those few PAD Campaign credits allow you to score that last agenda.

Most of mine are usually trashed. I feel like I have to protect the Mumba. The problem is that NEH is so ice light rn.

That being said, I know @AceJack, @d1en and @kiv have been seeing a lot of success with these builds

But isn’t having one more must trash thing good in NEH? You get the card draw when you install it and maybe some credits if you have turtle backs. They have to decide if they want to run it. If they don’t you can usually rez it at the end of their turn and use the credits and then reset them and use them again netting 3. And then it still costs them 3 credits and a run to trash it. It feels like a good trade off against anyone but whizzard to me.

mm so took the deck with mumba temples to a small (16 player) SC yesterday and it crushed. Lost one game to whiz in the swiss, then won two games in elims v the same whiz to win the winners final and then first (and only) game in the grand final. Almost lost to that false echo keyhole hyperdriver chaos theory crap but got lucky and not punished for not knowing the deck. Whiz is prob the toughest match ups and I had to make some interesting decisions, but they run out of resources eventually

Did your deck have Turtlebacks as well or just Mumba?

Played fastro as my weaker side in SC. Helped me win the event, but it is not exceptionally strong. Which corp is nowdays?

I managed to go 8-1 over the weekend at two SCs with Fastro. Most important change I did was going back to NAPD instead of Exploda. That won me at least two of the games because the runner just didnt have enough money to steal the NAPDs.
Won against 3 Noise, 2 Whizzard, 1 Kate, 1 Leela, 1 Gabe. Only loss was to another Noise where he managed to grab the fast tracked Astro out of my hand. But I have to say that a lot of the wins were really close and could have gone the other way.

Mumba Temple was great. Every opponent killed it asap but that’s because it is still a 4 credit swing. Even better behind a Special Offer or Wraparound.

1 Like

Ah this was my list.

No turtlebacks since they take up valuable deck spaces, one NAPD (and tbh if I could have fit a second I would have). Other than the game where I lost to crazy flood I generally felt in control. Only one fast track and if the deck was a little different maybe I’d play two, but two dbs makes it ok. The deck is a lot of fun to play. Ah, also no shipment, I never feel that poor, and the magic install, shipment to dodge clot happens so rarely against pilots that don’t suck that it’s not worth the card slot for me when I have a couple of cvs and dbs to find them…but to each their own, of course

Did you feel a singleton architect was really worth all that influence? I always felt that its value was really more apparent when played as a three of. Also you are playing three dbs and three pad but only two temple? Seems an interesting choice. Also not sure I like only one biotic but it does free you up for some sweet NAPD goodness at the very least. Grats on your performance

Do you protect Mumba or just let the runner trash it?

Architect is actually in there because I cut the second Biotic to fit in the Mumba Temple and then didn’t really know what to do with the influence. :smiley: It’s still extremely good if the runner face-checks it and it costs Faust 3 cards to break.
In my experience I really want at least one DBS to stick because that makes it so much easier to find the needed cards. So I’m a fan of 3 DBS. 2 Pad and 3 Mumba would also be fine I guess, but I’m not sure if you can get the value from 2 Mumba if the runner actually lets them live. You can’t always rez 4 credits worth of stuff each turn.
Most of the time I don’t protect the Mumba. If I already have a “scoring”/SanSan server with a Wraparound or something, Mumba is a good target to stick in there.

hmm it’s because I don’t protect mumba and expect them to trash it that I like three, since one or two will almost always result in value, but they usually try to trash one early. But yeah clearly your list worked for you, and yeah architect can be huge, just feel like it costs a lot early, and is less consistent at 1 than when we were running three xD

Have you had to play against any of the Haley decks? I’ve found that if they are packing Sac Con they can control your ability to FA for a good portion of the game and get enough accesses to win in the meantime. I was running 3 CVS and those decks were enough to move me away from NEH FA at the moment. I have to imagine it’s even harder with only 2 CVS. I’ve also seen Sac Con out of Noise and that can be really obnoxious. Between that, 2x Clots, and 3x Deja Vu, it takes big effort to clear the way and they are milling you/ getting accesses the whole time.

One piece of tech that I’ve seen against Clot is cutting the Breaking News for a Chronos Project so you can act like it’s an Astro bait them into getting the clot and clearing with CVS to permanently get rid of it, but with only one it’s not exactly reliable and it also does not fight through Sac Con. It’s also pretty resource intensive, since it uses up one of your FA tools, so even if you do get it off with a BL or by using an Astro token, you can still potentially just lose to accesses.

I’ve been running a Midseasons Psycho Beale deck out of HAARP at the moment instead because it’s a lot easier to find one scoring window against clot decks than it is to find 4. It’s a one trick pony, but it’s a pretty good trick and you can fight through a lot of the obvious hate by running Snatch and Grab for Film Critics and CVS/ Closed accounts to get through Clot. Sac Con isn’t a big deal since you can just trash them once they are tagged. It sucks against Crims since they can just AS spam you and remove tags, and an Opus player who realizes what you are doing right away means game over, but it has a really good Whizzard matchup and a reasonable match up against Haley and Noise. I have yet to play against Proco Kate, but I think that should be reasonable as well, esp if they play their Proco right into your Snatch and Grab.

I have to admit I have not played against a hayley that got both clot and sac con onto the board in time to lock down the FA aspect. The last few times I played against noise I never advanced out all my agendas, if you do it in the first few turns it tends to be easy enough to then find a window to purge and score the last two or three points, especially with archangels, tollbooths, and enough other etr ice. Have not seen sac con in Noise. Have seen a lot of whiz and the two cvs have been plenty enough for that MU thus far. But yeah if you see a lot of FA hate then obviously FA is going to be a lot less appealing :stuck_out_tongue:

Sensie Actors Union anyone?

Might be worth including over Daily Business show given that I rarely ice my DBS in the first place. The effect is stronger and while Actors Untion is easier to trash, good opponents always trashed my DBS as soon as I rezzed it. If I’m going to only get 1 activation anyway, I might as well go with a stronger effect.

Downside is that you lose the ability to throw it behind a popup window and really annoy the runner. Rarely icing DBS isn’t the same as never icing it and sometimes you draw enough ice to protect your most important asset. Keeping them constantly running through a popup window or special offer to trash your assets is pretty good at giving you time to win the game. You lose the ability to make that play with Actors Union.

doesn’t blow me away. If you run two dbs you can always try one of each, but dbs is def more solid. A dbs that is left unchecked wins games, and tbh there’s often merit in throwing any kind of ice in front of it, if it means it gets to live for another turn. Don’t think sensie does that much right now, but maybe I am wrong

As usual, NBN got the best out of a set of cards.

The problem is trying the best way to make it work in NBN. I’ve been testing it in IG and it’s really powerful, but in NBN you can actually trash it, so that’s a problem.

But the effect of the union is absolutely insane. If you could find a way to keep it on the board, you might not need to play the FA package out of NEH anymore.

1 Like