QuantANR: The Next Generation of Anarch Event-Based Economies

Originally published at: QuantANR: The Next Generation of Anarch Event-Based Economies - StimHack

Discuss the latest StimHack article by @YCombinator here.

3 Likes

Keep these coming.

1 Like

Great as always. I’m really enjoying this series.

Something to look into since we’re looking at O&C archetypes: Valencia is strong enough on her own that it might be worth analyzing for 50 card decks. It probably wouldn’t change too much, but some setups might be better than others, especially in terms of draw.

2 Likes

Thanks for including wordy explanations because I no can maths

(awesome article, as always)

One thing that worries me re: the Anarch event econ package is the impact such a low draw quality has against fast corp decks. This is a factor that may very well be more important here than in other factions, due to the lack of reasonable tutoring in-faction.

Perhaps O&C will transform the age-old Anarch dilemma into “Which way of spending your influence to improve your draw quality will you choose?”

2 Likes

Well, coming back to the game (or at least considering coming back) after a not-particularly-satisfying foray into Shaper followed by a five-month layoff, so grain-of-salt protocol is in effect. However, doesn’t Wyldside seem tailor-made for event econ?

With regard to corp speed, I think Anarch’s answer has always been to slow the corp down more than speed itself up. Lots of tools for disruption, soon to be even more… I really think we need a kickass OCTGN sound effect for Kim’s ability. What does it sound like when a Fast Track meets the Hammer?

2 Likes

Love these articles, but the names of card groups in the graphs are difficult to understand due to acronym concentration.

2 Likes

Popping in to say I’ve read every article intensely. Thanks Quant.

I think that Wyldside will look amazing in the simulator and still be a pain in the arse when actually playing Netrunner. 1/4 of your clicks spent drawing cards isn’t as good as it seems, no matter how efficiently you draw cards. That said, the Chop Bot being in faction so you can stop partying without having to find Aesop might move it back to playable. Earthrise Hotel has been really good though - even if you can’t spend your VoicePAD credits on it.

Agreed. For that matter, I want to revisit a few of these for 40 card decks. I’m thinking of doing an article focusing on this for different ID abilities as well (e.g. maxx and andy). I really need to find some time to add intelligence for programs/breakers/MU/handsize/etc to make this interesting. I’m shooting for a 2 week deadline.

This is what I believe. Now Anarchs have great draw and money (though, still a little more on the chaotic side). Given that, influence can go to tricks! I think this will be one of the most interesting aspects of post-O&C Anarch, and will breed new paradigms beyond only the O&C card pool.

Yes, in a way. However, the simulator is just too limited right now to usefully characterize this. Great point though.

Good point. Any idea on how to fix it? That is the reason why I included so much text to analyse the graphs this time.

Thanks all!

1 Like

And Noise / Cache ? (Or Kate / Cache btw)

I appreciate the explanations :smile:
First of all, I would order the groups from simplest to most complex (least number of cards to most number of cards). You also might want to assign line color based on faction if possible. You might want to take out one or two lines that overlap significantly and name the other groups separately. For example, you don’t have to include "events’ in the name if they all have events.

Another really interesting article. Looking forward to the non-event based economies articles in the future.

The “mystery” economy package looks kinda usable in one of these new-fangled Eater/Keyhole decks that rely less on out of faction breakers and tutors, saving on influence and deck space. No idea if they’ll have that long term punch but it may be a good package for them.

I do think your “Implicit Cost” section is pretty huge consideration when deckbuilding. Some decks run as few as 9 economy/draw cards (3 Opus, 3 SG, 3 Draw Cards [Diesel, QT]) so when you’re talking about up to 21 cards to build that part of your deck you’re seriously cutting back in other places. I know it’s not relevant to the math at hand, but I’m glad you added the section talking about it.

1 Like

Wyldside is not tailor-made for an Event economy including Day Job.

3 Likes

Amped up. Duh.

And get a 1/5 or 1/6 chance of trashing day job.

Might be alright if you can predict the damage. Like from Stim Dealer, but then you probably aren’t using Wyldside… cause paying 7 and two click to gain two cards a turn isn’t really worth it.

1 Like

Sorry to double post, but I did never say thank you to YCombinator for the insights. Very inspiring. I cannot wait to see what shakes out after this big box.

1 Like

The most revolutionary draw card out of this set for anarch is vigil. IHW is the same as all other anarch draw cards in that it comes with a big fat ball and chain. admittedly its less of one as you will encounter decks where you don’t need to hoard them, but often enough I think where you’ll be right back to slow-drawing more than you wanted to. Vigil will get you good draw value for 2 creds and you get the mem to boot.

it seems draw in anarch is almost always going to come at a price and those of us who play it all but exclusively need to just get over it I guess. Might as well just paint those clone chips and scavenges red.

chop-bot might be good in noise someday but it would likely require the deck gets retooled. That’s hardly universal though.

1 Like