Red Sand Cycle: We're finally going to Mars!

“Hello, and welcome to your introductory tour of Jinteki: PE’s Mars-based R&D operations! We look forward to having you on the team. Now, I know you’re eager to get started on your assignment with Project Obokata, but until you’re 100% up to speed, I’m going to have to ask that you refrain from touching anything.”

“Anything?”

“Anything.”

“So the security measures–”

“–Are traps that will kill you, yes.”

“I suppose that makes sense. That’s just the ICE, right?”

“No.”

“What?”

“Our databases are seeded with switches that will trigger a catastrophic depressurization of your biodome, among other possibilities”

“Um… okay. But once I’m on the actual project I’m good to go, right?”

“Well, about that…”

5 Likes

Here’s where I’m looking: http://imgur.com/a/x1S3p

Lot to think about there, but flavor-wise I’m applauding Meteor Mining and Marilyn Campaign

2 Likes

Obokata protocol is brutal in PE. In an archive-trap IG it’s just stupid. Stick a Ben Musashi on archives and oop dead unprepared runner.

You get a film critic! And you get a film critic! EVERYONE GETS A FILM CRITIC!

Also tithonium is basically a parasite-proof archer 2.0 and this makes me very happy. I look forward to terrorizing people even while broke.

1 Like

Because they’re costs, the runner can choose not to steal.

Still hokusai+ this forces the runner to have 5 cards in hand when they run.

There is a LOT of spoilers for the big W to be excited about.

I don’t think I have ever been so excited for Weyland. I am really, really pleased by these. My excitement for the next cycle went from lukewarm to stoked.

3 Likes

Ahh, sorry, forgot about that bit. Thanks for the clarification.

And no advanceable ice jank in sight either. :smiley:

I seriously wonder if this will be the cycle where scoring a Government Takeover from hand becomes something more than an insane pipe dream, even if only slightly.

I really love meteor mining! Hunter Seeker looks insane too, and the Jinteki stuff. It looks like Weyland will have its time, and do it with some big splashy effects.

I really love Standoff too!

Slightly concerned about Tithonium, for 2 influence I can see a lot of decks trashing stuff with barriers now. I guess a barrier breaker is often your first install vs Weyland though.

Heck, it’s incredible as a run event counter, and that’s not even its main purpose.

Yeah, I was a little worried about the proliferation of big scary barriers too (especially that one), but as long as the rez cost of Barrier-Destroyers doesn’t stray much lower than 10, I think they’re fair game.

1 Like

It sure puts Asteroid belt in perspective.

4 Likes

Funny enough, the jinteki ID still doesn’t stop siphon.

Doesn’t it? FAQ p. 8: “If the Runner ends up running successfully on another server than HQ, the ‘If successful…’ effect on Account Siphon cannot be triggered”

5 Likes

“AG Infusion”. They knew the brits would win worlds and proactively made a Jinteki-Tea ID.

2 Likes

it seems like the closest we’ll get to I’ve Got a Rock

1 Like

More like I’ve got a pebble. Or a half a rock.

5 Likes

I’m assuming it’s an agenda because that’s the only way to stop it being better in NBN.

16 Likes

Standoff made me laugh irl.

I’m happy something like Kakugo goes out. It’s been 2 years I’m proposing a small barrier that gives net here or on R4G. I’d rather have an etr / net / etr sub version but this will do the job.

Inazuma with the ID seems fun.

1 Like

Just have a look at the flavour text :wink:

Watchtower’s flavor btw “416d20472046204720416d” is Ascii for “Am G F G Am” which is a classic rock tab.

Hendrix’s “all along the watchtower” Dylan cover is not that tab, but it may be Dylan’s.

-edit- It’s Dylan’s.

I SAW WHAT YOU DID THERE, DAMON :stuck_out_tongue:

(I still think that going to work in his ‘65 hardtop corvette, Jack Weyland should listen Hendrix’ version :sunglasses:)

4 Likes

The original song is from Bob Dylan dude.

2 Likes

That’s what I wanted to say but maybe I failed at english ?