Reign and Reverie Community Review and Meta Predictions

Originally published at: Reign and Reverie Community Review and Meta Predictions (Runner) - StimHack

Discuss the latest article here.

4 Likes

DJ Fenris is even more broken than implied in that last comment. NONE of the identities use a lower-case “g” regardless of the “m”… RIP

2 Likes

District 99 should have been recognized as a MaxX card.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely, that is an oversight. MaxX would certainly use it. I thought I saw someone mention something about MaxX in a draft of the article, that’s why I didn’t add a comment myself, but it might have been changed later.

It doesn’t seem that current MaxX build have too many hardware or programs, but that could change a bit with District 99, and getting back a Obelus, or Maw, or M4M is really solid.

That might be my bad. I made a bad comment about the card mentioning maxx, but it was all based on a misreading of the card so deleted and replaced it.

2 Likes

District 99 means you can’t miss much if you have them 3x (providing you drew & install it before, for exemple when you rebirth/DJ in MaxX).
I was thinking about Hippo first but I forgot it’s use got it rftg.
Incomming Acacia or Respirocytes comboes anyway.

I still vastly prefer using Geist with it to recur Diversions…

1 Like

@CrushU: this raise the question of Geist ability really needing a sort of “let’s look back” boost with a foreign ressource. I’m not sure this solves Geist’ #1 problems.

While I do think District 99 certainly has potential in MaxX, I think best practices in writing these reviews is to leave at least one synergy unmentioned so as to give the reader something they can feel clever about.

7 Likes

It’s sad an ID like Gnat was probably going to get more support if there was a “down the road”.

As is, he feels like the beginning of a high- stakes, aggressive style that is a few cards short of being fully fleshed out.

It’s a lot to hope for NIESI to produce future cards on par with the quality of R&R. Time will tell of course, but I can’t help but feel Netrunner was one more rotation cycle from having another major breakthrough. I think a lot of the “fair but less fun” cards were soon to be honorably rotated out too,

1 Like

I think we’ll have to wait a bit and see. Gnat is the card I’m most excited to try out first. I think a lot of players are going to try Gnat coming from Valencia and noticeably appreciate the 20% reduced deck size. Yes, Anarch has a ton of great cards, so you’re not really cutting chaff, but I suspect you can really fine-tune a lean deck and get consistent results. And, a non-negligible economic benefit to boot.

I suspect you can honestly just use Gnat as 40-card Anarch and ignore his ability and do just fine. Especially since Rebirth is a thing.

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I thought as well. There are going to be people playing Gnat with Noble Path/Emptied Mind type jank, and there are going to be people playing 40 cards of “good stuff” and maybe dripping the odd dollar or two before turning into Omar.

1 Like

Thanks so much for writing a review. It’s really continent for me to read them instead of listening or watching a video.

7 Likes

Yeah, they’re so useful. I thought they were older than they were, apparently only started in the middle of Red Sands cycle, which isn’t that long ago. :frowning: