SHL3 Setup

If someone writes the code for Glicko(2?) for challengeboards, I’m sure the author would be happy to accept a pull request and put it on the live site.

2 Likes

@db0 can we use SHL3 as a OCTGN game marker?

Of course.

I did an internet search for alternative software. I found an excel extention for chess that we could use. It was not 100% accurate, because you could only report one match and not a double.

However, did we reach a conclusion on the system? ELO, Glicko, Glicko2? Which variables?

I’ll look into Challenge Boards’ code as @db0 suggested. No promises though, not much spare time here (especially now when I play in the league :wink:).

So https://rankade.com/ seems a valid alternative. We can set up a league with double matches (report corp and runner matches at once) and it has a great algoritm.

How would you guys feel about using it?

3 Likes

Do you have any information beyond what’s (not) on their info page? If so, where can I find it? Particularly interested in anything with some degree of mathematical relevance, rather than truism-filled PR texts.

All I found on their site was this:

Rankade’s algorithm (ree algorithm) is extremely complex and not in the public domain.

I haven’t been able to find anything at all about their algorithm elsewhere online.

I’m skeptical of a closed-source ranking algorithm, but we could easily use it for one league and then compare the results to ELO and Glicko after the fact using the OCTGN data.

5 Likes

Hi everyone here.
And thanks for your attention to our project - rankade.com.

As you said, rankade algorithm is now not in the public domain (like Glicko was for years, until open-source release).
As for Glicko (but in a deeper way), rankade’s ree is an Elo algorithm improvement, with major differences (even if less evaluable in a plain 1-vs-1 structure like the one in your Android: Netrunner matches), a completely different way to manage playing frequency dynamics, and many features that you don’t find elsewhere.
Some of these may be useful in your league (playing frequency dynamics, different weight for matches, group characteristic modelization, late users dynamic in groups, direct players match adding, admin editing and deleting powers, graphs, reports, shareability, and more) while some others, that may be interesting in other boardgames, maybe do not for Netrunners (multiplayer, multifactions, cooperative matches, asymmetrical factions, detailed result with specific ties, partial rankings, belts, and more).

Yes, you can, while you can browse our demo user for a glance, or you can test our platform - before an eventual use in your next league - directly with your local groups (now Android: Netrunner is one of ten most played games in our database. We’ve got some actual groups featuring 600+ matches).
Our interface is easy, our apps (Android 1.3, just released, and forthcoming iOS 1.3) have almost all of the webapp’s features.
And everything is free to use.

Give it a try, and let us know if it fits your needs.

We remain at your disposal for any clarification, and a thank you in advance for the feedback that you possibly will let us have.

rankade staff

8 Likes

Hello Argamas, can you please pm me the password for the league? Thank you!

And how can I send a pm on this forum? Maybe I cannot yet do that because I freshly registered?

It’s in the opening post of the league tread.

isuckatnetrunner

It’s all me :sunglasses:

So I looked around Challenge Boards’ code and first thing I’m going after will be provisional ratings. I just hate the fact that standings don’t mean a thing, and the real deal is in the pending queue.

4 Likes

They’ve speeded up the process, pending games are counted on the standings as soon as they are verified now.

The pull request is up:

I hope the project maintainer will bring it live soon. No more rummaging in the match backlog just to get a real picture of the standings would be desired ;).

7 Likes

Wish I could like this twice. Strong work and thanks!

So I guess it went live :smiley: !
http://www.challengeboards.net/boards/standings/2179?unofficial=True

6 Likes

It would be nice if the “streak” column was also based on pending matches; right now it looks like it still uses your streak in approved matches.

1 Like

Thanks for catching this bug! Fix posted.

5 Likes

Doing great work, Apo. Thanks !

The fix is live.

2 Likes