Taking Community Temperature on Faust

If you want to hurt Anarchs, ban IHW.

2 Likes

It is my greatest hope that Navi Mumbai City Grid and Salem’s Hospitality are in combination finally going to allow weyland to give a big middle finger to this faust bullshit XD

When big ice and kill start to function again we might finally see a pause in the anarch machine

1 Like

You’re just theorycrafting here. We’ve seen the impact of Anarch Faust in real games. We haven’t seen what you describe, even though crims have been able to import it for 2 influence with special order since it came out.

Yeah Faust Gabe is significantly less obnoxious than Whizzard post MWL since it’s harder for him to deal with problematic ice than it is for Whizzard.

I completely agree that I am theory crafting. But in a hypothetical world with Criminal Faust then anarch cutlery is still way underplayed and crim can spend its precious influence on non-breakers for once. They use passport for centrals, mongoose/switchblade for sentries, and faust for barriers that they shutdown, crescentus or inside job.

Since a main way corps are countering Faust is with big sentries, that makes Crim Faust even better since Criminal has so many excellent sentry breakers in faerie, mongoose, switchblade.

Also, with all of the drezzing that would happen, leela becomes the whizzard of that hypothetical meta.

Definitely disagree with this assessment. Criminal card draw is the worst of the 3 factions so it would actually hurt to have to discard cards to break plus they do not have D4v1d or Parasite or Cutlery so breaking high-strength ice would cost many more cards than it currently does a typical anarch and that ice (and all other ice) would have to be repeatedly broken. Faust in criminal would definitely be a powerful, oppressive thing ( the Faust stats are just ridiculous when compared to all other AI breakers and most other typed breakers period ) but nowhere near as good as it is in anarch with the draw, destruction, and high-strength break support cards.

Faust is already imported by some Crim lists and it’s good but not great cause they can’t deal with problematic ice as efficiently. Sure it’d be different if they didn’t have to shell out influence but Crims would be a lot different if they had any decent breakers in-faction.

The sad thing is that it probably still wouldn’t be tier 1.

3 Likes

The issue with Dumblefork is that it has so many components that are both individually strong AND that synergize. Faust both fills the hole between Parasite and D4V1D and has strong synergy with Wyldcakes. I think it’s a bit hard to predict how it will react to nerfs as taking out individual pieces will either break important synergies or get patched up by the strength of the rest of the deck. So far the rest of the deck has covered any silver bullets that hits any one part.

3 Likes