Worlds 2015 - Predictions and Useless Banter to Bide Your Time

Top 16 brackets: http://challonge.com/adnworlds2015

FFG Challonge page for other game brackets: http://challonge.com/users/ffgop

Congratulations @yoshi!

3 Likes

Our last round was nuts. Definitely the best way to end the day.

1 Like

Awesome. Played against a ton of EtFood and bypassed a ton of ice all day. Played against @Yoshi in round 7 and gave him a run for his money. Last turn I ran his 4 card R&D with 2 RDI and the only card I didn’t see was his last agenda. Earlier in the day I had a couple of people dump a ton of money into the trace, only for me to jack out, rerun and break their ice the good ol’ fashioned way now that they had bankrupted themselves.

1 Like

Was Tim Wong playing blue sun? That’s really all I need to know right now XD

Thank you so much. it’s been a heavy emotional roller coaster but I’m glad it worked out. Good luck to all and wish me luck!!

11 Likes

He’s on Butchershop; it was on stream.

Ahhh. Been out yesterday so have no intel. Any top 16 weyland?

No; @crfluency was best Weyland. @Cerberus is the only crim in the cut. Lots of HB Glacier, DLR Val, (and minh on DLR Maxx), Kate, and less NEH than you might expect.

3 Likes

But still too much NEH :-/

3 Likes

I mean, he is totally a Criminal monster so that makes sense. I’m super rooting for his Leela to take it all, patriotism be damned.

1 Like

so DLR Val is actually good, huh? Kinda shocked.

Big shout out to @Stiv our Dutch Croatian, who without a local strong meta got in 7th! Go Stiv!

6 Likes

I still haven’t lost to it but World’s is making me feel like I am definitely missing something, if basically everyone else in the world thinks its strong. Then again, I play Sponsorship decks corpside so that helps a good bit (especially HB FA sponsorship, since you can also get the ABTs out to counter Val).

1 Like

Seems like I underestimated…
Massive congrats to the top 16 though, especially those who have made it two years running.

Definitely shoes the quality that the UK have: 5% of the field, 25% of the cut.
It was definitely worth running the BABW series, given that Tim has placed fifth as the top Brit.

Awesome work @evilgaz, still flying the flag for Denmark! Lol

1 Like

@Cerberus is my hero now.
And I have never expected DLR MaxX made it to the second.I’m really shocked…

1 Like

Sweet thanks for the news. Good luck today gentlemen, may your runs be fruitful, and your ice taxing.

No australians?

I imagine that the National champ was the only Australian attending, given the cost of airfares etc (I strongly thought about flying over for it, though). He came 61st I believe. Fingers crossed we get a few more aussies next year but unless Australians do a Bring an Aussie to Worlds type thing, it’s going to continue to be 1 participant a year, most likely :confused:

3 Likes