Worlds 2015 - Predictions and Useless Banter to Bide Your Time

@mediohxcore What are you playing?

any of the new IDs (NBN or mini factions, also includes chronos, haarp, and fisk i guess) make it to top 16?

I’d love to know the highest placed mini faction…

@mediohxcore has DLR Val and HB Glacier from what I could tell on stream.

1 Like

some people were guessing in skype chat that there actually weren’t any.

I can attest that Minh’s MaxX DLR is an absolute beast, completely at odds with such a super nice guy.

I played the Australian National Champ round 2 and we split, he was rocking PE and Whizzard. Somehow, despite us banging on about Junebug for hours at the King of Servers (Groober played it in Weyland) I forgot it was a card and really shouldn’t have killed myself… He wasn’t expecting so much HB and the multiple stacked Turings ended his fun (I had three on a remote at one point).

I’d absolutely love an all Brit final, but its a tall order today. Obviously the quality is so high its going to be rough on everyone - but give us your luck and we’ll see what happens. I’m delighted with Top 16 regardless!

3 Likes

Gary, if you win this, you better damn well know that you owe us Danes one hell of a tax :smile:

2 Likes

By the way, what happened to Calimsha? He seemed so sure that he was the best Netrunner player alive. Did he top 32?

8 Likes

Seven guys from europe in the t16, time to take the title from the yanks :wink:

1 Like

Dan is in, so I still think he will reclaim his title.

He’s been an excellent champ, supporting the game with his streams, videos and on this site.

8 Likes

I agree that there is a bit of a disconnect for me as well - watching the stream, I always saw the “DLR pieces” get installed, but the mill itself didn’t seem instrumental in those games.
Now that’s a small sample size and I’m a bad player so I’m certainly missing something more.

I think it’s like how Noise puts the clock on the corp - it forces risky plays to score out quickly. And the runner can capitalise on that.

3 Likes

Adam. Dude had 18 prestiege.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support(?)

he said he wasn’t going to win and would do some brainfart a la typical calimsha. he’s a good player, but i don’t think he has that much of an ego about it.
as for top 32, i’m not sure. i know on twitter he said he split a lot and got swept a couple times. he swept once or twice, so he was probably around the middle.
i know that the 16-34 places all had 22 prestige, so lucas li beat about 20 people by strength of schedule alone (granted, he had the highest SoS in the top 16)

Dan has a great chance of a double crown.
He’s been a great champion, representing the game, doing loads for the community, as well as being boss at playing the game.

Still, I’d prefer a brit to win, ideally me right :wink:

My money, love and hope is with Tim Fowler.

19 Likes

You get my bonuspoints for playing Crim. If you win, I’d be very oke with that :wink:

Yeah that’s exactly what happened.

At the 7th round after crushing my runner game I ended up with a no-ice 3 agendas hand and my opponent just won by turn 4 or 5 by getting agenda everytime he made a run. That actually happened a lot to me today, like my corp deck was pretending to be Oprah and giving agenda to everyone.

Then on my last round I had a dominating boardstate vs à flooded HB. He started to push a GFI behind 3 Ices so I setup some breakers and money myself during my turn so I could get my last breakers by using Clone chip since I had everything in my discard. Then when I actually ran, it seems like my clone chip was still in hand and not on board when I was convinced that I had one.

So yeah # typicalimsha brainfart

8 Likes

Adam Player reporting in! Placed 72 thanks to the unholy satanic jank that is my deck (and the biotech flip flip kill deck i had which actually got me the 17-18th point). Lucas called my name on the speaker and signed my ABR. Best day ever.

10 Likes

congrats to the T16! good luck taking @mtgred down - that MaxX DLR is a monstrosity!

2 Likes