45 vs 49 card corp decks

I started playing some rush decks with 45 cards and it felt pretty decent. Im not saying better but definately viable.

I ll keep it going at the very least its refreshing :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is 54 versus 49 the real debate?

Probably not the best of ideas to light up this thread again, but here we go: If weā€™re going to think about the necessary conditions for a hypothetical 45 card deck, how does it play?

• It wants to score out agendas early and in rapid succession
  • It can reliably defend R&D or doesnā€™t worry about losing agendas to R&D accesses
  • It already includes tempo cards that you could otherwise add to pad out a 45 card deck to get to 49. (Iā€™m thinking of Fast Track, Subliminal Messaging, and similar in-faction cards.)

Off the top of my head, you could experiment with a NEXT Design deck built along those lines. Rush early, fast advance late.

I think a 45 card corp deck would have to be one with Punitive Counterstrike and like Vanity Project and suchlike.

1 Like

Before clot came out, I had a 40 card TWIY deck that was fun to play and I used in a tournament. It was very fast but obviously vulnerable to R&D digs.

Maybe an haarp deck could have 45, since it has builtin protection?

ā€¦then you realise you could play this in 40ā€¦
If you realize the runner donā€™t phase 3, then better catch him in mid phase 2.
Thereā€™s tricks to learn there.

18 in 40-44 is not the same as 20 in 45-49. Agendas will fall in your basket or the runnerā€™s but if frequency of scoring is high, if your deck is adapted, youā€™ve got an advantage vs the (maybe slow, maybe poor, maybe gearchecked) runner.

I ve been playing all my rush decks with 45 since my last post here. Never looked back :stuck_out_tongue:

The higher consistency (especially in Jacksons) helped offset the higher density.

Im not saying its the same as playing 49 its just not at all as bad as I thought.