Android novella : Monitor

Good god.

8 Likes

The book looks sweet, I really loved the graphic design of the inserts like we saw in San San cycle and the World of Android. I really excited to see FFG pushing that great work in their book publishing. Color me excited

Picked up a copy at GenCon and read through it that night. (Basically the reason why I didn’t ACTUALLY test my decks for Friday.)

Good read, and reinforced my resolve to never play NBN. Because eff those guys, holy shit.

Also, I can totally imagine some of the people that have to work with JHow fantasizing about going all Office Space printer on him. His Bullshit Per Minute in spoken words is quite high.

1 Like

LMK when you find one of those ‘good Corps’. I heard Weyland have some very humanitarian divisions.

The ancient Sumerians wore make-up, as did people in biblical times (see ‘painted jezebel’), and although european history has some periods opposed to cosmetics they are outweighed by the times that didn’t (albeit it reserved for some socio-economic classes).

Though I agree it was just as much a male thing as female.

1 Like

No no, Haas is the good corp. They just want to protect you and help you. Nothing bad there!

2 Likes

I was able to read this a few nights ago, and greatly enjoyed it. It was an easy read, but did have depth, I think generally anyone who really likes the flavor in this game will find a lot to love about it. The settings, the characters, the ideas, it all fits really well. Also, you’ll never think about getting Midseasoned or HHN’d the same again, this book does a great job of kind of painting the picture of what that is like.

I have already messaged Damon requesting a Bex Gleeson NBN asset, what an interesting character she is.

1 Like

Hopefully some of my local suppliers get some copies…
shipping to europe is way to heavy :wink:

and I think: after the novella I’ll like NBN even more *evilgrin*

1 Like