Anti-Sifr tech and strategy thread

I’m finding sifr takes over games in pretty brutal fashion, and appropriately teching against it makes all my other matchups noticeably worse. It’s a bit of a dilemma. For example, Smoke is a bad matchup for my HB deck, and I’ve been seeing a lot of her. I don’t really want to dedicate slots and influence to lotus fields to make other already-bad matchups worse. Then again, we might be headed toward a meta where 9/10 decks you see are based on sifr, so maybe it will be worth 3 lotus fields and 3 architects in every deck soon.

I’ve been pretty happy with ark lockdown to chew up parasites so far and friends to replace destroyed ice. Hellion beta test is worth consideration, but even though sifr is expensive, runners typically don’t run poor – and if you’re spending money replacing and rezzing ice that got burned down for 2 credits to prevent medium lock, you’re not going to have a lot of cash to pump traces. Mixed results on that so far.

Best solution I’m finding is go fast and have some fast advance options. You’re probably going to lose no matter what you do once the sifr-yog-parasite-deja vu-atman-whatever train gets rolling, but the 5 install cost of both the console and yog can give you a little breathing room early game (unless temujin gives the runner a giant early burst).

And who runs Temuijin these days, right?

2 Likes

Chief Slee makes Sifr on big scary multisub ICE a no-no. Probably not the best strategy, but Chief Slee is an excellent threat card.

2 Likes

so then all they have to play is parasite and don’t have to lose the hand size or dig for and install sifr. you’ve done most of the work for them.

Found one - maybe not a Tier 1 but pretty fun to play. But I agree - it will not be common to encounter this two cards in one runner deck.

This is honestly quite hilarious.

Seconded. Between Nexus and parasifr, I’m interested in trying more Slee. Especially with FiHP to resurrect her over and over again.

1 Like

Seems to be I saw the future.
Yeah, on purpose, sure. On purpose, yeah.

Sure. #Nostrorandom
:slight_smile:

House Party Slee, packing her server full of Prisecs that keep on getting recycled along with her sounds fun.

Can’t sleep, Slee will explode me. Can’t sleep, Slee will explode me.

Honestly, TheBigBoy’s Mushin-Overwriter-Brainstorm deck seems not a bad answer. The ice still stops the run and is annoying to deal with, and if they hit an Overwriter or facecheck a Brainstorm without Mimic/instant Parasite, it pretty much means they can’t ever use Sifr.

6 Likes

https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/ssaDdLDqr8BW7v9WJ

Mad Campaigns (49 cards)

Spark Agency: Worldswide Reach

Agenda (10)
1 AstroScript Pilot Program
3 Breaking News
3 Global Food Initiative [color=#000000]●●●[/color]
3 Project Beale

Asset (7)
2 Jackson Howard
3 Launch Campaign
2 PAD Campaign

Upgrade (7)
2 Mumbad Virtual Tour
3 Product Placement
2 SanSan City Grid

Operation (11)
1 Closed Accounts
2 Exchange of Information
3 Friends in High Places [color=#8221AE]●●●[/color]
1 Hard-Hitting News
1 Hellion Beta Test [color=#8221AE]●●●[/color]
3 Sweeps Week

Barrier (3)
1 Data Ward
2 IP Block

Code Gate (5)
1 Archangel
1 Lotus Field [color=#a81400]●[/color]
3 Pop-up Window

Sentry (3)
3 Data Raven

ICE (3)
3 Special Offer

Built with [URL=https://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/ssaDdLDqr8BW7v9WJ]Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

1 Like

What is the thinking about how this deck counters Sifr?

3 Likes

It looks like it taxes their econ enough to play Hellion Beta Test to trash the SIFR.

If they are relying heavily on SIFR the 5 cost to install a separate copy (or 2 more with deja vu for the same) should slow them down enough to score via Fast Advance on SanSan or pull off a Breaking News / Exchange of Information combo.

Looks like it may struggle with medium digs but what doesn’t

thats exactly it. Delay the SIFR install as long as possible and then blow it up.

I think Chronos Project deserves a mention in this thread. Most SIFR decks I’ve seen in action are focused heavily on drawing quickly into the SIFR, discarding other pieces in the process. I have a feeling one scored Chronos will eliminate a lot of conspiracy breakers, backup options, and at least one parasite (probably their only one if it’s shaper).

2 Likes

There’s a reason you weren’t using that ice suite before Sifr. I’m concerned it’s not enough.

1 Like

Navi Mumbai City Grid isn’t exactly a silver bullet, but it will stop insta-Parasite from clone chip if they don’t expect it, that could give you a good chance to fire off a nasty subroutine or two.

1 Like

I was. You just need the right deck around it.

1 Like

Some counter cards:

• Lotus Field (1 influence)
  • Chairman Hiro + Ronin (runner uses Sifr, you rez Hiro at the end of their turn, they have max hand size of 2, kill with Ronin.)
  • Komainu (facecheck punishment in Jinteki)
  • Hostile Infrastructure (2 influence, counts ICE being trashed)
  • Magnet (1 influence, great on the outside of a server)
  • Ark Lockdown (2 influence)
  • Architect
  • Early Brainstorm (facecheck punishment in HB, preferably combined with some sort of damage, like Snare or Neural)
  • Friends in High Places (1 influence) + Cheap ICE
  • Various Fast Advance, the quicker the better

The one faction that doesn’t get any good hate is… (wait for it…) Weyland. (NBN gets fast advance.)

Weyland has the ability to tutor for a lone Ark Lockdown (or any other op), Archer and Taurus in faction. They also can rush and threaten money for sea source/hhn/midseasons. Finally Lizzie Mills can at least slow down Wyldside and hurt tempo.

They have no in faction ice that is immune to Sifr, but they do have some interesting answers to part of the rig, which will get better once they have a barrier that is parasite proof and actually punishing to facecheck ill-equipped.

A scorched deck against Sifr also could just pack Curfew and wait for the opportunity to hit them with a single scorch. Which, scorches are easier to land now that Judge is actually playable with cards like friends.

Basically, I think Weyland has a few creative solutions, which while not top-tier should still be mentioned and remembered.

4 Likes