Anybody interested in having a look at my decks for an upcoming tournament?

I can’t follow you… Why would I play Feedback Filter? (Why would anybody play Feedback Filter for that matter?). Why tech against Jinteki? Do you mean Jinteki with Scorched Earth? They won’t get me tagged I think.

Maybe it is just me, but I don’t feel threatened by Custom Biotics. At all.

Again, I think your decks will be great at the tournament; however I am concerned that you are underestimating scorched earth, your strategy is essentially “hope they don’t scorch me”.

you have to play around posted bounties which could be junebugs, always having more credits than the corp, and beanstalk -> scorch.

furthermore you will be safe if you: steal an agenda before playing NACH, wait until you draw your other NACH before you steal another agenda, steal another agenda, and have a click to play your other NACH. Then hope you can win off your third agenda steal (probably 50/50). After that you will be safe as long as you always have 2creds for every tag and 4 credits for every breaking news.

This seems needlessly difficult to me.

I don’t “hope they don’t scorch” me, I just feel confident playing around Scorched Earth is all.

I totally see that Plascrete has a place, but it is more in the decks that want to have tags, which I usually don’t.
A Posted Bounty gets shut down hard by NACH btw

edit: Did you edit your post? Or did I just miss your 2nd half? Anyway, to elaborate a bit: In order to be safe I don’t need to play NACH early or after each new agenda theft. I assume (maybe thats wrong) that I only need to play NACH after I got 4 APs in the early game. NACH should ge me enough protection there to close the game without getting scorched.

Okay then, good luck saturday, I hope you do well.

Thanks man, I’ll let you guys know how it went

Alright, time to go. Just figured that one of your authors (from the munich report) will be there :smile:

Good luck! Let us know how it all went.

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

Ok, I’m back. I’ll give you a short run down, not sure if I’ll do a full report later:

So, 14 players gathered for 4 rounds of swiss with no cuts (half those players came from the Munich group I believe)

I played the CT and Weyland decks from above (CT 2nd version) and here is how it went:

Round 1 was against Simon (HB:Etf, Andromeda)
He started as HB:EtF and I lost 10:4. I should have really done a kind of warm up match, because I made a couple of mistakes here and he played well. But lesson learned. (Rush/FA Hybrid with SanSan)
Next was Andromeda and I believe it was basically Alexfrog’s Data Leak Reversal deck. In this game I actually had a good shot, but I really got unlucky. Which translates to: There were exactly three times where I had one agenda in hand, during these times he ran HQ once each and took them all. Scary precision and 7 points, gg. 10-3

Round 2 was against Andreas (Weyland: BabW, Chaos Theory)
Yeah, a mirror match. Turns out our decks were totally different though as he played the slowpoke Shaper (Test Run for Opus was only the beginning…) and played Weyland the same. My decks were too fast for him and I won pretty handily (10-2 and 10-0 I believe)

Round 3 was against Andrzej (Jinteki:PE, Gabriel)
He ran first and I actually thought I had a gold hand against Gabe (Caduceus, Green Level Clearance x2, Hostile Takeover and Closed Accounts). Turn one I drew Executive Retreat, played both GLCs (the first one to maybe draw a 2nd Ice, the other one to keep my hand full against agenda theft). Turns out he has Maker’s Eye and now 3 points. Next he runs my hand, I pay some extra on the ETR trace, he beats the trace and pulls the 1 in 5 Executive Retreat. One turn in the game and 6 points down I enter Eric Cartman rage mode. But eventually I lose the game 10-1
His Jinteki was fun, as he played Scorched Earth AND Sea Source… But it is easy having more money than Jinteki, so he never could pull it off. Also Chum plus Data Mine is not enough to protect R&D. Interfaces won me the game easily here. 10-2

Match 4 was against Daniel(?) (Weyland: BabW, Noise)
It was his first(!) day of playing Netrunner. Somebody gave him two decks and he just played (his brother probably explained the rules to him prior). Anyway, he made plenty of game mistakes (no rule mistakes though!) and couldn’t stop CT in any stage of the game, I won 10-2.
But the first game took really really long like 55 minutes. So with that in mind, I rushed some agendas very recklessly and won after time was called 4-1

All in all I scored 9 out of potential 16 points which probably means 6th place out of 14 or something (they only announced the winner, because he was the only one to get a prize).

Overall I was pretty satisfied with my first tournament, plenty of lessons learned and a good time was had by all.

Cheers

1 Like

Oh, and people thought I was funny because I used my TMI shards as click trackers…

1 Like

Seems like your Weyland hit the bad end of the variance too. That’s my biggest concern with this deck archetype :). There’s just nothing like a bit of bad luck setting you back 6 points instead of 3 or 4!

1 Like

So, looks like my first round opponent and tournament winner posted a report. For anybody interested:

and it appears I was right about Alex’ decklists he was using.

Turns out I actually made 5th. Here are some stats if people are interested:
(german though, let me know if you want anything translated)