Home | About | Tournament Winning Decklists | Forums

Archived Memories: Toward an ANR Community Reading List

Yeah, one interesting thing about Autonomous is that although I was generally concerned about everyone’s predicaments, the bots ended up being the only ones whom I felt invested in as people. I don’t know whether that was deliberate or not, but in any case Paladin’s exploration of gender identity is definitely a high point.

I’m still processing Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful. Overall I certainly enjoyed it; the worldbuilding was imaginative, the body horror appropriately creepy, and I thought the Alexios and Jake stories were particularly interesting character studies. But the storylines, while engaging, mostly felt pretty formulaic.

Slightly off-topic, but nonetheless interesting: Today I heard a radio feature about the “Museum of Malware”. They said, in the early days, the 80s and 90s, Virus were more of an art form to use computers in a non-conformant way, to make jokes, to stretch the boundaries of what is possible with virusses. Today, the reporter said, using a virus is totally a monetary thing. Yeah, Crims are better these days than Anarchs or Shapers :slight_smile:
https://archive.org/details/malwaremuseum

About Solar Punk:
The Weight of Light: A Collection of Solar Futures consists of 4 shortstories each accompanied by essays about the technologies and societal mechanisms featured in these stories. The stories themselves are categorized into urban and rural, big and small. A great concept to highlight the issues and themes we are facing with climate change in the 21st century. Here’s a HTML-Version you can read online.

Hongkongkoma that looks really interesting.