Bad Cards Bracket - Round 1

toshi has 2 uses, one of them being a shitty trap and the other a deckbuilding trap

1. He can put down edge of world on an advanced card, at this point he is a super ghetto overwriter with a lot of setup and many very trashable pieces in hq. They also get a warning before this

2. Hudson 1.0 lets you cheese out an agenda should they not break it or be able to run back.

outside of these cases, it is always better to just drop whatever toshi would bring in, and advance that. Toshi is a useless middleman in most of the scenarios mentioned. he can be “used” multiple times, but so can just advancing things.

With that new Weyland operation, Sakai is maybe a little better, as you can at least loop it if you have one in your hand to force the runner to jack out and go away…still not very good though

Not the operation but the identity, Gagarin. You could probably get away with installing an agenda after the runner accesses the second Sakai.

I tried this, but that pinkish wanabee card have good taste of being a 2 inf card.

It smells like a flower.

A) Leviathan

B) Starlight Crusade Funding

C) Test Ground (but I could easily see this changing in the future)

D) Net Police

E) Record Reconstructor

F) Data Hound (if only because I think Disrupter could see play after D&D)

G) Zed 1.0

H) Hellion Alpha Test

A) Toshiyuki Sakai

B) Exploratory Romp

C) Test Ground

D) Salvage

E) Record Reconstructor

F) Disrupter

G) Zed 1.0

H) Helium-3 Deposit

Results:

Toshi d. Leviathan 12-8

Exploratory Romp d. SCF 14-6

Test Ground d. The Professor 16-3

Salvage d. Net Police 16-4

Record Reconstructor d. Neotokyo Grid 16-4

Disrupter d. Data Hound 16-4

Zed 1.0 d. Hard at Work 14-6

Hellion Alpha Test d. Helium-3 Deposit 11-8

A new thread for round 2 will be posted soon.

I predict Record Reconstructor vs Sakai in grand finale if they did not met before :slight_smile:

Record Reconstructor would win something for once :smiley:

You all are crazy to vote HAT over Helium 3. Helium 3 does virtually nothing.

1 Like

I think it’s easy to imagine FFG printing something that would work with it though.

I agree. HAT can cause a serious blow to runners that run poor (Anarchs generally, Apex) if you can uninstall something big like Yog or a Medium/Datasucker with many counters built up. And having more money is definitely possible in HB.

After atlas and NAPD which are always better than a blank 2/4, Weyland might not want the drawbacks of corporate war or oak town Reno, and might not plan on using the abilities of Glenn station, geothermal fracking or private security force, so if they have even one target in their deck for helium 3 they might consider it their 3rd best 2 pointer.

Edit - it might even be their second best 2 pointer if they have bad publicity in their deck or are worried about the runner giving them some

I’ve gathered from this thread that no one has had any success with toshiyuki, so now I’m going to play him in all my decks, make everyone access whatever stupid asset I decide to swap him with, and proceed to score out like a maniac once you decide to stop running him. It’s like betting 2 in psi games, it will work almost all the time, 100 percent of the time

1 Like