Best ICE and breaker in the game RIGHT NOW

Security Nexus (plus link)
DNA Tracker

Best ICE, strictly speaking: Vanilla
Best ICE, for being something that annoys the runner and taxes their economy: Hard-Hitting News

Best Icebreaker, strictly speaking: Eater
Best Icebreaker for dealing with problem ICE: Atman

Resistor

NBN tagstorm is the only good corp left & this ICE stops it from losing, as good ICE should do.

Faust

It doesn’t see as much play post-MWL but still it’s the strongest. Every time I get to play a Faust deck I’m reminded how extraordinarily powerful the card is. Putting together a full breaker suite of all three types feels so slow & awkward by comparison.

2 Likes

ICE: Pop-Up Window
(because of the value you get in the long term)

ICE-Breaker: Faerie
(it’s just so efficient)

ICE: Sherlock 2.0 because it can single-handedly win you games.
Breaker: Something something Anarch. Yog, Faust, Paperclip, take your pick

Ice- News Hound
Icebreaker- Paperclip

Ice: Architect
Icebreaker: parasite, faust if parasite isn’t an option, yog if you want a typed one. paying for ice is infinitely worse than not paying for it

DNA Tracker doesn’t count yet. Some revisions needed.

This is kind of a hard thing to state objectively. Here’s my subjective opinion.

ICE: Aiki. Bang for buck is unmatched. If they install a Yog to get around it, you’ve won the trade. If they install anything else, you continue to win the trade.

Breaker: Faust. Definitely not clip; clip is great but just another powerful fracter. If clip didn’t exist, corroder would serve. Not nearly the same disparity as if other breakers didn’t exist (other good ones would be Yog.0, Refractor, Mimic).

Ice: Tollbooth (In a world without Yog it’d be Fairchild 2).

Icebreaker: Yog.0 (As much as I love switchblade, people aren’t playing that many big sentries right now).

Anyone who doesn’t think Tollbooth is the best ICE :unamused:

1 Like

[quote=“doomrat, post:30, topic:8135”]
(In a world without Yog it’d be Fairchild 2).
[/quote]This is why you play Stronger Together

1 Like

Data Raven.
Gordian Blade.

Lotus Field
Yog

2 Likes

Crick
Corroder.

Best ICE: Architect. Cannot be trashed, extremely versatile, de facto ETR on centrals, only “weak” to Mimic.
Best breaker: Faust because “draw 3, run” is bonkers.

The best (“platinum”) breakers are the ones which are (or will be) on the MWL

Platinum: Paperclip/Lady, Yog, no sentry, Faust, D4v1d
Gold: Corroder, Gordion, Mimic/Femme/Faerie, Eater/Atman, Sharpshooter

Best breaker: NACH
Best ice: Resistor

nothing gets too many likes, nothing gets mentioned too many times,so many flavors

i think we are healthy regarding ice and ice breakers. woohoo !!

i really like susanoo because it locks them out if they play para/mimic easily, noone expects it ,(because its too expensive and bad )

for icebreaker i think paperclip is very very nice and fresh,faust is still awesome but i never thought it’s broken cause i main jinteki all the time…(komainu with only faust?haha :smiley: )

i love the everchanging nature of netrunner, i think mwl was nice in the end. we get to use new cards,some other cards got stronger etc… trident fresh white

2 Likes

While the breaker/ice meta is very healthy at the moment, I personally don’t like that the corp meta is dominated by decks that favor assets over ice.

I’m not going to claim that assets aren’t “real netrunner”, assets have been here since release, and it still involves runs, hidden information and econ war. The difference is that assets do not require icebreakers, and reduce runner decks to pure econ engines (hyperbolically speaking).

1 Like