Blue Sun impressions/strategies

I ran a Blue Sun challenge deck at the San Antonio regional. Overall I think I played about 10 games with its final iteration, plus a few early games while incorrectly using Akitaro. Using Liz to scrub BP is one of the tricks I put in the deck, as well as the infinite Adonis campaigns. During the games I noticed smaller helpful advantages, such as being able to pick up a Jackson out of my remote rather than use him to make room for an agenda. Unsurprisingly, the wisps were awesome.

The runner decks that hurt the most were Reina decks, especially the ones with Xanadu. Rook can actually give me money if the runner isn’t careful, funnily enough. I didn’t encounter anyone running compromised employees, which would have been bad.

Several suggestions were given, such as making room for either SEA+scorch or punitive counterstrike, or putting in corporate troubleshooters. I can definitely see the benefit of throwing in a kill condition, but I don’t feel that troubleshooter is quite necessary.

I am considering dropping the grims and Liz Mills, and making room for the Root, and dropping some/all Adonis campaigns. I didn’t include the root or taurus for the tournament because i didn’t have full image spoilers like I did for the other cards I proxied. Eliza’s Toybox, Lag Time, and Changeling are all potential inclusions now as I go back over the deck. At some point I also want to try the version with off the grid and 4/2 agendas.

And as for the hostile takeover or not debate, I am firmly on the side of keeping 2 in the deck. Being able to drop a point out of hand is too useful to pass up.