Changing Sifr

Don’t forget Pawn/Scheherezade. They functionally-errata’d that one to work they way it’s printed instead of how Lukas interpreted it wrong.

Warhammer: Invasion banned a card, Visit the Haunted City. They also had a restricted list, where you could pick one card on the list and include it in your deck, but you couldn’t include ANY of the other cards.

Warpston Excavation
Innovation
Mining Tunnels
Derricksburg Forge
Wilhelm of the Osterknacht
Reclaiming the Fallen
Soul Stealer
Rodrik’s Raiders

New MWL with Sifr & Sifr & Sifr on the list would help (meaning this is 1 anarch inf + 3 virtual neutral inf)

Hard to do long posts on mobile, so I split this into a second one. The previous Game of Thrones edition also had a Restricted list, working the same way as the Invasion one… but it was much bigger. Not reposting it here because it’s two pages long, and different depending if you’re playing Joust (1v1) or Melee (4 players). They had also banned several cards, but they later reprinted the cards with fixed text and unbanned it then.

how was the reprinting done? Reducing Cards of another Data Pack? Reprinting the Data Pack?

It’s been ages, so I forget exactly… but the cards that were banned were out of the first cycle, A Clash of Arms. If I remember correctly, the old cycles went out of print for a while, and they eventually reprinted them with all the errata and the newer packaging style. Remember that old AGOT chapter packs didn’t originally come with full playsets of cards too.

Pretty sure that’s how it went down, if someone else remembers better feel free to correct.

Thanks! Have expected this.
That is what they are doing with the translations of LotR LCG in Germany too. The know errata is included when reprinted.

Now that I’m not on mobile, I decided to go delving and check up on the other LCG’s to see what they have in regards to restricted and banned.

Call of Cthulhu (No, not Arkham Horror, the older one. The other one that used to be a CCG as well and was competitive.): Looks like no banned cards as of the latest FAQ, but it did have a decently-sized Restricted list. Works like the other ones, where you could pick one card on the list and couldn’t include any of the other cards on the list in your deck.

Star Wars: TCG: No banned cards, but has a alternate version of the Restricted list format due to how deck-building in that game works. (Objective sets are still pretty cool, IMO.) Objective sets on the list are paired up into five groups, and you have to choose one set or the other.

Lord of the Rings: It’s a co-op game, why would it?

They did errata Builder of Nations, yes?

1 Like

Sync BRE is already erratad on german version restricting lower access for this run

1 Like

I was thinking of something more along the lines of:

Once per turn, when you encounter a piece of ice, you may reduce your maximum hand size by the strength of that ice until the beginning of your next turn. If you do, the strength of that ice is lowered to 0 for the remainder of the encounter.

I like your angle though.