Community Design Exercise - Ep.2 Console Wars (part 1)

ĉano
Anarch. Hardware. Console. Unique.
Cost 4. Influence 4.
+1 Link
Once per turn, break a Bioroid subroutine.
[click][trash]: Trash 1 rezzed bioroid, clone, executive, or sysop asset or upgrade without paying its trash cost. Use this ability only if you made a successful run on a central server this turn.

My take on a console for Eddy. It joins Forger in being a trashable console. It can hammer through ICE repeatedly or hammer something else instead. Like any narrow card it may vary between being too weak or too strong.

3 Likes

Panopticon files - 2c
Anarch Hardware - Console - 2 inf - unique

+1 MU, +1 Link

[Trash], forfeit 1 bad pub: gain 2c and add Panaopticon files to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 0 agenda point.
[Trash], forfeit 2 bad pub: gain 4c and add Panaopticon files to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 1 agenda point.
[Trash], forfeit 3 bad pub: gain 6c and add Panaopticon files to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 2 agendas points.

Limit 1 console per player.

“Humph. There is no random in this.
Valencia you said ? I’ve got a rock for you. – Jack Weyland”

1 Like

Fair enough. I guess it still works costed around 3c. I still think 4-5 is too much though.

I like a lot of your ideas. Including this one. I think it needs to be simplified. How about more general, wording:

[trash] You may remove any amount of pad pub to add Panopticon files to the score area as an agenda worth 1 point less than the amount of bad pub removed.

For a link, an MU, and a scoring ability, I say it’s cost is low. What about:

The install cost of Panopticon files is increased by 1 for each bad pub the Corp has.

Thoughts?

I priced this as Reflection, that is +1Link +1MU, with an active ability. “Price should be ok”, not sure though if this needs 3c.

The very original idea was [Trash], forfeit 7 bad pub: add Panaopticon files to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 7 agenda points, to emulate one of the two original Netrunner way of winning a game for the runner.
But I though it was very abusable in ANR, because BP stacking can be done in the runner side only, and I don’t like too much creating cards for runners playing alone.

Then, I did :
[Trash], forfeit 2 bad pub: gain (install cost +2) c and add Panaopticon files to the runner’s score area as an agenda worth 1 agenda point.
Limit 6 per deck.

The net benefice there is just 2c given to the runner, meaning “draw / instal” is no better than 2x clic credit. This can be abused late in a run but I don’t mind.

Then I though this was written only Valencia on it, and decided to go triple trash, removing limit 6 per deck, not to give 12 points in these decks.

here’s a few more ideas

Mangchi

3 - **

+1 MU +1 link

Once per turn, when you approach an outermost piece of ice, you may suffer 1 meat damage to move it to the innermost position protecting the same server. If that ice has barrier, you may pay credits equal to its rez cost to derez it. You are now approaching the new outermost piece of ice protecting that server.

Totoltetl

3c - ****

+1 MU

Totoltetl may host 1 virus program. The first time on your turn hosted virus program gains any amount of virus tokens, add 1 virus token to Totoltetl.

Virus counters on Totoltetl are considered to be hosted on the virus program hosted on Totoltetl for the purposes of card effects (and can be spent as if on it).

eXtreme

2c - *

eXtreme can host 1 icebreaker program. The memory cost of hosted icebreaker does not count against your memory limit. Paid abilities of hosted icebreaker that require virus tokens or power counters cannot be used.

click, remove hosted program from the game: install an icebreaker program from your heap hosted onto eXtreme, lowering its install cost by the cost of the removed program (to a minimum of 1).

Isolani

2c - ***

+1 MU

The first time each run you pass an unrezzed piece of ice, gain 1c.