Cred cred wine - Andy with Au revoir

Also, the thing that made me want to do Au Revoir/Turning Wheel/Reflection in the first place is that you see what’s in HQ, then you decide where to burn your TW counters. Worked great in my limited testing, has anybody else tried it?

Won a regional with this build. It’s ok, but has real problems against some corps. It takes time to build (even with SMC), and The Turning Wheel is good, but not as good as people think. A full turn of running / Jack out gives you 2 cards, not so big at all. I found it has problems against corps who can threaten you with cards like Jeeves / SanSan Citygrid (semi glacier / semi FA decks).

It’s actually more if you need to get your last breaker via smc (2x breaker, 1x SMC, 3x Au Revoir, 1x Snitch = 8 MU), I might try Sports Hopper in Kate with Shrike and Zu so I can cut down on the mem chips.

I’ve been trying something like this out the last couple of weeks. I’ve been using Drug Dealers, though, for card draw. Once you get the econ engine up losing 2c at the start of your turn isn’t a big deal, but it does flood your hand perhaps a bit more than you’d like after you are set up. Earthrise, at least, is super great though. I might try Express Delivery- it seems like it could be pretty legit in this to help set up quickly.

I’d tried a blackmail/corp scandal version but I think using cloud breakers is probably the better option. I prefer a 3rd Turning wheel over the feedback filter, though, since I feel that’s actually the most important piece to get early so you can stack it up.

Or for maximum jank, you can rebirth into Nero if they have sentries at all on the outside of R&D or HQ.

Why rebirth in Nero when you can rebirth into Leela, the superior crim ID

Because it keeps your link so your cloud breakers don’t fall back to earth and you can jack out of sentries if all their ice is rezzed

If you run Rebirth I’d be really surprised if you don’t run a secondary source of link.

I guess the Nero ability can help, but it’s only good for one run a turn and that’s not going to rack up the turning wheel counters anywhere near fast enough. Would require a sentry at the front of a server, too. It’s better to just ensure you leave a piece of ice somewhere alone.

How about not running Rebirth at all and get 1 inf who could be used on something more meaningful who actually help you at winning the game ?

Crazy, right ?

11 Likes

It is pretty much this right now in most decks until the new MWL drops or until a few archetypes get some influence freed up.

I find the 1 influence hit is just too much.

Currently my CT setup is 7 mem, as I choose: 3x Au Revoir, Snitch, Torch, Femme, Corroder. When I can make 3 credits a click, I really don’t generally care how much my stuff costs to install/use for Torch/Femme. Also Femme only takes one inf and is at least Passable as a sentry breaker, though obviously there’s holes in it for any str 5+ sentry (Assassin’s the big one currently.) Sure, it’s a bad Sentry breaker, but for only one inf, this one both technically can break any Sentry, and also gives me a Get Out Of ICE Encounter Free card.

I use 3x Test Run and SMC, and a couple of Scavenge. I like to Test Run an SMC, run, pop SMC for AR and then jack out to make the money back. Test Run is also good once I have the money engine up, because now I can use it to find breakers cheaply, and get an extra target from Femme. Scavenge because I have Test Run, and lets me retarget Femme.

My memory solution is simple: Maya. Mostly it’s just the best mem-credit ratio that doesn’t require me to draw more than one of it for 7 MU, and it gives me a not entirely irrelevant ability going into the late game. I was running the CyberSolutions for a while as a backup option, and also to let me have an SMC sitting out… Took them out of the most recent build.

Draw package is 3x Diesel, 2x Earthrise, SV, and QT. I’ll pitch extra Earthrises just because they cost the most; I only need draw while I’m setting up. Once I’m set up, I don’t need to draw any more.

8 influence used for AR/Snitch, 3 for Femme/Corroder. The last four go into 2x PolOp and 2x Turning Wheel. The only things that matters when I can break all your ICE are those upgrades at the end of the server, so I’ll kill those.

I’d try sneak in an AI breaker. With this much cash, Crypsis is probably fine. I just hate not having any solution to typeless ice, Mother Goddess primarily, or Femme could work I guess, but pretty iffy.

I wish people would stop playing iterations of the deck on Jinteki, because the interface makes it really irritating and they expect you to mind read when they’re not going to jack out this one time in 50.

Carry on. :wink:

1 Like

Overmind would be my first choice probably. I would add it in only because I expect to be in a meta filled with Mother Goddess and Excalibur.

Been there done that. I find it easiest to write “real run” in chat if you don’t want to jack out. When playing against Au Revoir decks, I ask opponents to do the same.

3 Likes

You’ll never have the memory for Overmind, though. All the real MU will be in the Au Revoir/Snitch. Crypsis is arguably the best AI breaker for this deck.

1 Like

I played the following version of the archetype this evening. I think there’s something in the Demolition Run idea. Against a Scorched kill deck, just watch HQ via Reflection, and then periodically go in and blow it up when it starts looking threatening!

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (18)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Demolition Run (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
1x Déjà Vu (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Rebirth (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]•[/color]
2x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
2x Test Run (Cyber Exodus) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]

Hardware (7)
2x Dyson Mem Chip (Trace Amount)
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x Reflection (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Sports Hopper (Salsette Island)

Resource (12)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
2x Political Operative (Democracy and Dogma)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
2x The Turning Wheel (The Liberated Mind) [color=#708090]••[/color]
3x Underworld Contact (A Study in Static)

Icebreaker (3)
1x Aurora (Core Set)
1x Ninja (Core Set)
1x Peacock (What Lies Ahead)

Program (5)
3x Au Revoir (The Source)
2x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)
15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It was my understanding that this deck is a thing because it is supposed to have a much stronger Palana match-up than Whizzard. Testing showed, however, that it folds pretty hard to Marcus Batty on HQ. Am I missing something here?

That’s what Councilman is for.

I’d been running a single Demo run in my list, it’s been surprisingly effective! It’s aces against kill decks if you see them with the pieces, as you mentioned, but it’s also solid to mill most of the corp’s R&D out if you’re not sure you’ll win from agenda access during a deep dig.

1 Like