Discerning the Metagame: Spin Cycle

Link to thread? Is your deck more effective or do you just not like combo?

Here’s three variants, in chronological order:

I do believe that each of these is actually more reliable in a multi-round tournament environment than Accelerated Shutdown-powered versions. The last build is especially evil - its capacity to win by scoring is not significantly diminished compared to the previous versions (you’re giving up some early defense by running SEA+Scorched, but not as much as you’d think), but it also has a secondary win condition - just use all the click multiplication and recursion to keep scorching you until your carapaces just run out and you fry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If I wanted to be arch I might say “I won’t play SEA-Scorched decks on principle.” But that would be completely untrue and a bit trollish. So I will just say, “Thanks for the lists.”

Please note that:

• only the last list is SEA/Scorch
  • I wasn’t the one saying I don’t play Accelerated Shutdown on principle. In fact, I’m a staunch believer of “the best way to understand what makes a corp deck dangerous and how to defeat it, is to learn how to play it yourself”. For that, if for nothing else, I have played variants of the combo deck, and have no problem with people who play them, religiously or otherwise.

Me too!

(I’ve built and played with the accelerated shutdown lists to see how they do; I just won’t bring them to a tournament or casual play night. OCTGN, though: troll away!)