DJ Hedgehog Reviews Up And Over

What is this new Bioroid? I haven’t seen it yet.

Markus 1.0
HB - 1 inf
ICE: Barrier
Cost 4 - Strength 3

The runner may spend click to break a subroutine on Markus 1.0.

-> The Runner trashes 1 of his or her installed cards.
-> End the run.

3 Likes

Wait, I don’t see anything about this ICE on the internet. Where is it spoiled?

Very cool thanks

4chan by snowjax, i believe

Architect is horrible to facecheck. Easily one of the worst in the game. It cannot be parasited. It cannot be Deus X’d, it cannot be Sharpshot (is that the correct past tense?) It forces Mimic, and only Mimc to deal with it. All the other very common, great ice in the game is Str 4, or around zero. This forces three breakers out of common shaper builds without even landing a code gate, or at a minimum, Atman at 3 and a datasucker, which get hosed by Lotus field (2 architect/2 lotus is our NEH mix and it crushes shaper).

Let’s get to the influence: PPVP Kate needs three Lucky Find to have a recognizable econ. You need a minimum of two Legworks to have a decent NEH match. That’s 10. You used to be able to have three datasuckers and a parasite as your last 5. Now, you need Mimic. Mimic costs 4-5 off SMC, Atman costs 4-9 off SMC. More than Parasite or datasucker. This additionally strains your econ, and the only reasonable quick economy card left if Stimhack. Stimhack is great, and you want it early vs NEH. To make room for all this, you end up cutting Parasite, because you can’t cut Datasucker (which you’re left with two of).

No Parasite means you’re paying through every popup, giving NEH money each time. No parasite means RP becomes a much, much harder matchup. No Parasite means a Wraparound/Quandary remote is often enough to score from early on. The Sacrifices you have to make in the best Shaper deck are extremely high to get the one influence for Mimic.

If Architect had been Str 4, Shaper would likely have the best NEH matchup of all the factions, while making very few sacrifices. Or, Architect would not be played as much.

The implications for architect, and finding one influence in Shaper, are huge.

And access to Mimic isn’t what puts Crim back in front. Its that they don’t need to spend Inf on Econ like Shaper does (Security testing, Bank Job, etc.) and Faerie, so they actually let an architect fire very rarely. It’s a huge advantage.

3 Likes

Should have been a 5cost/4STR, like Lotus Field.

2 Likes

Just remove the femme for mimic and you’re done. Jeez.

It’s not like tollbooth is that scary anyway and worst case scenario it can still be parasited.

2 Likes

I haven’t been running Femme for a long time. The two nearly mandatory legworks nixed any ideas of doing anything tricky from shaper until the most common deck isn’t super fast.

2 legwork, 2 sucker, 1 parasite, 1 mimic and 3 lucky find. There you go with your influence. Just run a real breaker suite like zu13 and snowball to complement your atman and you should be OK.

1 Like

I’ve tried it. Snowball/Gordian/Mimic/Trashing SanSan plus atman cost a ton. You don’t have the econ early enough to compete with NEH without Stimhack. You might be able to get away without it by running Inti and Zu, but then you’re absolutely tanking against Blue Sun. Which might be fine.

Either way, it puts an enormous strain on your SMCs, and memory beyond that. There isn’t a way to set up an efficient rig against Eli, Architect, Pop-up, Quandary, Wraparound and maybe a Lotus within the time constraints enforced by NEH.

This is all in direct comparison to playing a Kate deck without Mimic against NEH before Architect was released, where I had a very good winrate. Architect on its own has dropped my win rate against the deck from 55% to about 35%.

I’m curious where you’re getting the credits to play without stimhack and still build a rig, trash SanSan, Steal an NAPD, and still multi access on a regular basis. Not a hint of hostility about this comment, I’m really hoping there’s some card I’m missing.

Replicator and liberal use of my levy and QT

Is there a full spoiler up? If so, would love to see it – have no idea how to search through 4chan for stuff unfortunately.

Not yet. Snowjax said it would be spoilered in two weeks at most. That was the only card he spoilered to tease :smiley:

1 Like

Still, exciting to see that much (goodbye Eli in RP, hello something that, while slightly less taxing, I won’t regret having installed over R&D).

Thanks for the info! Two weeks at most? Well, I’m going to be waiting with bated breath. It feels a bit like some of the best things’ve been saved for this last pack. Markus, IT Dep., Incubator, Code Siphon, Utopia Fragment…

I mean, there’s Turtlebacks and Bribery and whatever, but still. So many powerful things to be excited about.

2 Likes

You think Eli is getting dropped from RP?

I’m pretty sure you run three of each.

3 Eli
3 Markus
3 Jackson
2 Executive Bootcamp
2 Ash/ELP/etc

My first inclination.

1 Like

Why the Executive Bootcamp? For getting Sundews?
I even run 2 Eli’s to have both Ash and ELP.

1 Like

Hoo doesn’t actually do Architect enough justice, IMO.

One firing of architect gives you the knowledge of your next five cards, and then lets you play card from archives or hq. Whether thats to recover an agenda, a jackson*
Thats equivalent to a precognition, with no click cost. It makes you virtually immune to a makers eye. Allows you to possibly move a snare into firing position.

Neh is ridiculously fast. One corporate trouble shooter essentially guarantees architect will fire at least once and probably twice. Seeing 10 cards from your deck, looking for that first Astro - incredibly strong. IMO one variant of NEH can skip the fast track in favor of Architect.

Architect will probably fire 2x in NEH.
2 times in Blue Sun, where its moved around.
2 times in HB Glacier which may well have corporate trouble shooters.

• or just recur the troubleshooter
    (playing with blue sun recur the troubleshooter to a different server, then pick it up)

The Most important card for RP is Jackson. There are two ways to go about adding consistency to the deck. There’s bootcamp, which tutors for him directly, and lets you rez ice more cheaply if you dont need him yet, in addition to being able to tutor for Sundew or a Melange, which I play one copy of currently and may want a second.

The other option is Daily Business Show, which doesn’t directly get you jackson, but will help you draw him in a timely fashion, and can serve in his place as a card that helps slow down the flow of agendas into HQ. And DBS stacks superbly with itself to all but prevent R&D lock.

Both are one influence, both are low rez/medium trash cost, both will be good in RP.

Ah, refreshing! It tastes like victory…