Everything, Everywhere (A SYNC Thread)

Are you still rocking the second biotic? If not, with only 1 psycho, it seems like you don’t have a consistant win con, and hardly any tag punishment (besides the resistors, which are crazy good).

Yeah, second biotic.

I’m playing a midseasons in mine but I’m not convinced, even though I get it to fire just about every game. I’m wondering if SEA Source plus Big Brother might be a better route. Easier to fire off and just as annoying. But I will say that a Resistor at 16 strength is dynamite. Also, Information overload.

What made you choose this over All Seeing I? Were you just losing to Kate that much? Or was there not too much DLR in your meta?

Can’t speak for kiv, but against DLR, if they go too far into the combo too early, you can generally just flip SYNC and start trashing. If they’re not going too hard on the combo early, then you can just force them to keep having Blackmail.

I do not think DLR is a terribly scary match-up with this deck.

That, and Closed Accounts is good for punishing Account Siphon, since $6 to remove two tags is brutal enough that Siphon isn’t worth it economically unless you float. At which point, BAM!

The fault in your logic there is that they don’t need the money, they just want you not to have it. Sure, the 10 creds are nice, it’s not essential. Also, you have a smaller deck, which makes your DLR matchup inharently bad. So closed accounts does very little against DLR. But I did forget about the Sync flip ability, so it’s not as bad as I thought.

Here’s my current build. Constructive criticism welcomed.

Accsse Denied

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)

Asset (3)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (14)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Eh, the Siphon statement was more about Criminals than DLR. DLR just isn’t that scary unless you really can’t find an Astro. I’m not saying Closed Accounts is good against DLR, but All Seeing I isn’t that amazing either unless you want Val to give up her bad pub when she’s already milling you. And that’s assuming you’ve drawn the card and not had it milled. I’d honestly rather just hedge with a Crisium or Ash or something.

Also, with All Seeing I, how do you tag DLR before they want to be tagged? When they want to be tagged, they’re probably in full-on mill mode. When they’re setting up, they’re using Blackmail and Siphon and not letting you rez the tagging ICE. I don’t see a situation where DLR (keep in mind that I’m always assuming this is Val) is going to be scared by a single All Seeing I. It’ll sit in your hand and eat up space.

I remember using it as a soft cyberdex against kate when I ran it. If Kate floats, you can CC-> install-> psycho. Generally, it’s a helpful way to slow the runner. I personally found it better with ash in the deck. Curious what kiv thinks.

1 Like

Keegan is underwhelming in my testing. Bandwidth is not great in a deck with so little ice. How do you score? Set up keegan on the remote with tagging + etr and blow up their breaker?

I’ve been testing/tweaking SYNC-Biotic for a couple of weeks now and this is my latest build, ended 2nd in a GNK with SYNC going 3-1 and only lost to a really really really lucky noise who managed to mill me out after stealing 5 pts turn 1 (still managed to get to 5 but couldn’t close out the game). The third Jackson got cut in favor of 2 fast track and 12 ICEs.Reasoning is that with a 44 cards deck and 1x Archived Memories, the third Jackson is a bit overkill, take a really precious deckslot and I almost never used it to flush my HQ, nobody wanting to run SYNC archive anyway in fear of News Team and Quantum Kitty. Next step is trying to fit a Shipment instead of the 3rd Hedge Fund and maybe try to play a singleton Sansan instead of the 2nd Psychographic. My experience with Psycho is that even if it tends to sit a lot in HQ before the runner goes TagMe, I usually ALWAYS need it to close out the game vs Kate and not drawing it at all is something really painful, which is the main reason why I’m a bit touchy on cutting it to 1x.

Sync Biotic

SYNC: Everything, Everywhere (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)

Asset (5)

Upgrade (1)

Operation (16)

Barrier (4)

Code Gate (3)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

5 Likes

I think Closed Accounts is much better than All Seeing I in most matchups, and if you have particularly heavy DLR to deal with then you should play Freelancer instead of either.

@CJFM is right that Closed -> install -> Psycho is a strong line that Runners often forget about. Also because there’s so little ICE, from Crims you usually just have to eat Siphons in order to build up their tag count and the Closed keeps them from rolling their profits into Keyhole runs or whatever.

I’m going to test with 2 Jackson as @calimsha mentioned, I normally use the Jackson to shuffle more economy into the deck so it’s not as necessary most of the time to have 3.

5 Likes

Noted. Do you think SYNC lends itself to FA or using Protection Upgrades?

Well, both can work, but I didn’t like caprice/ash + keegan because the deck encourages R&D lock and you want caprice on the remote. Keegan is avoidable and semi-comboey, meaning early game he’s worthless and then you have to put him behind raven/gutenberg and the runner can run elsewhere. Sync also has space issues because you want to be at 44 and there are only so many niche things you can include. I think he has a place in neh tagstorm with blacklist.

I’ve had a lot of success with Casting Call. Slap that down behind any piece of unrezzed ICE and it almost always stays there. I’ll even do it our in the open, just daring the runner to come get it. It basically makes the agenda cost 6 credits and 2 more clicks to steal. That is a huge midseasons window.

I’ve actually been running 49. Is that crazy? It allows me one more Beale, third copies of Psycho and Gutenberg, second Tollbooth and whatever else I feel at the moment. With fast track, I don’t feel like I’m messing up the draw probability.

I wouldn’t call it crazy, but there’s a significant advantage to running 44.

personally I’ve cut both midseasons and beale from my list; the strictly astro-GFI-QPM suite means that if they eat even one news team as a -1 they need 4 steals to win, and as the QPMs are often all but impossible for many runners to steal, they need to find 4 of only 6 readily stealable agendas.

TLDR, I think beale is a bit of a johnny include here: it feels really awesome to pull off but in 90+% of games psychoing a GFI is just as game winning.

2 Likes

That’s true about Beale, I never thought about it. A lot of my wins are with a 4point+ Beale, but I never really thought if it was necessary.

1 Like

But without the Beale your scoring plan is all messed up. You ethier have to try and rice out a GFI or Psycho it (both unreliable options), and a lot of times you end up with 2 Astros and a QPM while your opponent has the third Astro so you can’t rely on QPM to score out but with the Beale you can do Fast Track - Biotic shananigans to get the win.