Exploring a Stalling Metagame: Nasir Meidan StimShop by El-Ad David Amir

Nexus bad. Faust good. :wink:

1 Like

Here’s one that might be able to deal with asset spam.

1 Like

I honestly don’t think he has a chance of being a good choice in the current environment. The trends of low cost ICE and asset spam both hit him extremely badly, and the MWL costs him 3 influence at an absolute minimum (there is no substitute for clone chip) and likely more given how well he work(ed) with cards like parasite and Lady.

The Faust decks are kinda ok, but mostly because faust, diesel, QT, and 36 blank cards would be kinda ok in any ID. Nexus Decks do a good job of capitalizing on/circumventing his ability, but are generally extremely slow and still prone to the issues listed above.

TLDR; imo he can be written off along with Exile and Tennin as collateral damage to the MWL unless he gets some very specific and targeted design love.

2 Likes

I think this sums it up well. I don’t see Nasir getting any targeted design love being as he is destined to rotate out. Maybe they could errata cards like Social Engineering* and Cortez Chip to work with his ability?

Other than that, Nasir does get a boost if the meta reverts to a lot of big-ICE glacier (Palana, HB), the kind without tricks to reduce the rez cost (Brain Taping).

'* Social Engineering is a funny one, as it was probably supposed to work with his ability (came out in same pack and his picture is on it), but doesn’t really. Sort of like that terrible card with a picture of The Professor on it, that works with multiples of installed cards.

This one: http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/uploads/an/ffg_the-professor-keeper-of-knowledge-creation-and-control.png ???

3 Likes

LOL.

No, this one https://netrunnerdb.com/bundles/netrunnerdbcards/images/cards/en/04068.png

Why do you think MWL hit Tennin? I don’t see anything in particular that makes them less playable due to that. D4v1d with Knifed and Clot did more to kill off that particular archetype than anything on the MWL.

sorry, yes, got my dead archetypes mixed up. tennin was indeed killed by clot, not the mwl.

it’s still a good example of collateral damage; killed by something targeted at a more popular deck…

Out of curiosity why did clot hit Tenin particularly hard? I never played with or against it, why couldn’t they just CVS?

Last sidetrack post, but tennin fa thrived on never, ever building a remote and digging for fa tools while building a fortress over centrals. This means no sneaking, bluffing, or rushing, and no ways to draw out early clots, meaning you’d need 4 cvs every game pretty much

I really like faust nasir. Apocalypse seems overly ambitious and could just be other better cards he wants. Like david, parasite, etc. His problem is simple: tags. He can do fuckall about them. He’s also entirely reaource based. So if you can build a nasir nowadays it has to do a few things:

Disposable resources
Tag prevention
Trace prevention
Faust
Extreme draw
Asset help
A way to beat net damage lock
Clot
Something to push him over the top
?

20 free influence

3 Likes

Not being able to bank credits gives Nasir so many problems that I think that the only sensible way to use him is for balls to the wall aggro. This is a good starting point (note the heretical lack of Personal Workshop). Hopper > Plascrete, drop 4 inf due to MWL, and consider Patron (though Drug Dealer might just be better).

1 Like

I took a stab at it

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer

Event (9)
3x Diesel
3x Quality Time
3x The Maker’s Eye

Hardware (12)
3x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip ☆☆☆
3x R&D Interface
3x Sports Hopper

Resource (14)
3x Aesop’s Pawnshop
3x Armitage Codebusting
2x Film Critic
3x Ghost Runner
3x Street Peddler •••

Icebreaker (6)
1x Cerberus “Lady” H1 ☆
1x Cyber-Cypher
2x Faust ••••
1x Inti
1x Sharpshooter

Program (4)
1x D4v1d ••••
3x Self-modifying Code

It felt ok, but EOI and GFI really hurt this style of deck. The former takes your matchup against tagging decks from ~30-40% with perfect play to ~5%. The latter means that the same amount of accesses will find fewer agenda points. On the plus side, Sports Hopper is great.

No Patron? Would have thought that was autoinclude for a Faust deck?

My intuition is it’s too slow for this deck, but you could try it over Quality Time.

You can even fit in Jak Sinclair, if you dump a faust and two peddlers. Worth a try I’d say.

I would much rather play Out of The Ashes for that effect.

Waddya gentleman think of this? Tech Writer is just great, the new pancha Hayley rig with sharpshooters and deus ex, and I think it may be time to whip the old solidarity build into shape.

Wild Wild West

Nasir Meidan: Cyber Explorer (Upstalk)

Event (7)

Hardware (11)

Resource (11)

Icebreaker (6)

Program (10)

1 Like

It actually looks decent! It’s really sketchy now to even play Nasir. I think he probably wants high link or he’s just going to die/lose.

Some thoughts: Refractor is good. I’m a fan of 2x Cyber-cypher, could cut the Cloak and gain a slot. Probably able to cut the Mem Chips (or one) and gain another slot. Does it draw fast enough through the deck to need 2x Levy?

1 Like

What Corps are rezzing expensive ICE these days? I feel it’s rare to hit anything over 4 credits, except an occasional Lotus Field.

1 Like