Faq 2.0

Yeah, I think almost everyone knew exactly how Housekeeping worked, this was just a clarification for the few that were confused.

ahhhhh ok, thanks that really clears it up.

Hmm… Edge case time. If the ruling had come down differently you could have made this play where HM isn’t the right choice for incubator tokens:

Set up: Hivemind hosted on Progenitor (1 token), Chakana hosted on Progenitor (0 tokens) Incubator with 2+ tokens and freshly installed Virus Breeding Ground in play.
If incubator allowed you to just move its own tokens and leave Hivemind alone, and you’re trying to lock the corp with perma-Chakana, the best play would have been to move incubator tokens onto Chakana rather than Hivemind. That way if they purge, Hivemind and Chakana keep 1 token each and you get back to powered up Chakanas the following turn using VBG. If you’d moved incubator tokens onto Hivemind, you’d need 2 turns of VBG use to get back to powered up Chakana assuming they instantly purge.

…I may have been playing too much Valencia Chakana recently.

5 Likes

To be honest, I have no issues with there being a few edge cases where Incubator bites Hivemind in the ass.

But that setup raises another question. If you have a Hivemind on a Progenitor, and a Chakana on another Progenitor, shouldn’t either the Hivemind or Chakana be reset to zero (actual) virus counters on purge, since the counter on Hivemind is also considered to be on Chakana?

If you leave one real counter on both, then Chakana has two and you haven’t resolved Chakana’s Progenitor correctly.

2 Likes

I think we have a LTR (Lukas Twitter Ruling) that says that it doesn’t work like that. You leave one token on things on Progenitors even if there’s a Hive Mind about. I think if that’s how it’s supposed to work, the progenitor should have been worded differently.

I’m really glad Project Ancur exists to collect the twitter rulings.

4 Likes

I agree, but as Masterair has quoted Lukas ruled otherwise on twitter. I’m actually really annoyed that ruling didn’t make the FAQ, especially since the ‘can you move VBG counters onto ‘empty’ viruses with Hivemind out’ question that did make the FAQ is an entirely useless ruling without that one being confirmed too - afaik the only valid use for moving a token anywhere other than Hivemind is for Progenitor purposes.

4 Likes

I believe the correct term is:

“Shit be tragic yo”

Source: I’ve only recently started watching The Wire.

5 Likes

Honestly? I think the wording was intentional. 2 Bad Pub is terrible, and is the closest thing you get to an auto-lose matchup.

3 Likes