Feeling Blue About Blue Decks

The idea with sub boost + Tracers is to tax D4 out of the game. Let them spend 8 to get past Vikram or 7 past Gutenberg if they want with Corroder, I’m absolutely chuffed if they do. But anything even remotely efficient (D4, Deus, Sharpshooter) will be extremely limited use. I ran with 3 Marketing and one Surveillance for later after I’m in the Ash phase of the game.

But back on topic, yeah improved tracers decks beat the piss out of crim.

Nerfed Gingerbread?

You don’t need a breaker for any of those pieces of ICE. I’ve never found that just having Mimic is a problem, and you do have Femme if there’s something specifically awkward.

I think Turning Wheel will be a boon for Criminal (and Adam) - 1 inf multiaccess!

I’m also going to pair it with Au Revoir and Reflection, but that’s probably just me.

used to be 1 to install 3str. so sad.

@Xenasis I’m more suggesting that running without a sentry breaker is a good as mimic vs. a lot of decks right now.

It’s good Gingerbread got nerfed. It’d be so broken at 1 to install with 3 strength. :cry:

1 Like

I’ve been playing stealth Andy on jinteki for the past three weeks or so, and the only time I’ve lost was running into a vikram, which I had not thought about back then, followed by an ichi 1.0, which lost me a breaker. Still finished the game on 6 points and could have won. So yeah, I think stealth andy is a good choice if you are confident with it, and a solid Leela deck is prob a good choice if your meta is a lot of yellow. And I do like seeing the Ken decks everywhere. Can’t wait for Pol Op, though.

…now that Panchatantra is a thing? Or in general?

Sorry to break it to you, but Jinteki.net is not a reliable way to test decks. Not saying stealth Andy isn’t good, just keep in mind what you are playing against (in both the deck creation and gameplay department)

Curious about the build…Are the gang signs vital? Inspired by watching I put it together from memory and feel, didn’t include gang sign, esp without HQI. Thoughts on going to 3? Just because they stack? Considering any other card advantage? Any thoughts on 1-2 logos? Increased hand size for Fausty and the tutor can be great for getting legwork, DLR, or whatever combo piece is missing, esp vs yellow.

1 Like

lol? Don’t worry I am fully aware of the pitfalls of testing on jinteki. If beyond that, local meta is the most reliable indicator, I can say that the deck is still good. It works well v Foodcoats (switchblade strong v high str sentries…), well v RP, both grail and regular (and rush), works well v random as jank decks, and the weakest MU is FA, where the trick is to just know the MU well, and play correctly (and an early RDI can do wonders).

I don’t need random condescending advice from you, thanks :smiley:

3 Likes

This isn’t stack exchange and I hope it never becomes that way. Battles over closing duplicate questions and opinion based answers ruin that community for me on many occasions. I don’t want to be dismissive of the effort people have already exerted, but I’m also not reading 1k post on anything short of how to grow a money tree in my backyard. That is to say, I agree.

Since I’m newer to the site, I’m curious, is there a way to link to parts of that discussion or specific replies? That would be more helpful, imo, than just relinking the whole post.

2 Likes

@Greylin I sympathize - when I started reading this site I would just start reading them from the start and it was like reading the evolution of the whole game (some have been going on for a very, very long time). While you can link to individual posts, I’ll try my best to summarize the 1000 or so posts in a couple of quick statements:

Criminal is not as good as criminal used to be because:

• Account Siphon used to be a much more devastating card. Corporations now have much better ways to defend against it (Crisium Grid / pre-rez assets are more common) and, in general, have much more money. In a similar sense, the stupid-Crim-money is not as much of a thing as it used to be. Gabe Bucks are much harder to get, for the same reason Siphon is harder. Further, Security Testing is easier to just turn off now because glacier decks w/ every server protected is more common (not sure if that’ll be the case post-MWL), and that was a huge part of aggressive criminal decks.

• Since Honor and Profit, which was released a long time ago, I really think the only pack worth a shit for Criminal has been All That Remains (Lunar No. 5 - Leela’s my girl!). Even the legitimately great cards since then haven’t dealt with the other major Criminal issues, are very situational, or are better in other factions (ex. Career Fair, Drug Dealer, Fisk Investment Seminar).

• And those issues are: spending all influence on normal breaker suite (or… Faust shudder); vulnerability to rig trashing with a rise in… unavoidable rig trashing; difficulty challenging glacier remote play w/ upgrades (maybe going away w/ upcoming Political Operative); being kicked right in the face w/ a 3 influence hit with Desperado being on the Most Wanted List (still worth it IMHO).

There are a million decks over there, with everyone saying that each of these statements is wrong in some way because of this or that deck, but I think that is a fair summary of most of the complaints from Criminal players.

With that said, I love playing Criminal and will likely never play another runner faction, variety and difficulties be damned. Leela forever.

4 Likes

They’re not vital. However, they can create issues. I look at the deck as more of a battle v. time more than anything. I’ve played at least 50 games on JNET with it, and the feeling is great when you see the opponent on 0 points with under 25 cards left in their deck. People are leery of Leela’s ability (rightfully so), and GS compounds that. If you kill all Howards on sight, as you should, their ability to fix their hand dwindles.

I’d love Turntable. FA is tough enough. Sometimes, GS hurts them. I’d like Logos. Seems a bit pricey, but the deck is allowing scores. Worth a try. Lots of flex spots.

1 Like

My best Fisk list was pretty close to this. Turntables rule, give em a bash.

1 Like

I’ve been out the tourney scene for a while, since Nats last year I think, and I took good old Leela to our SC and came third. I’ll be the first to admit I got lucky with my draws though as I played no HB and three yellow decks! I’ll post deck up when I get a mo. (EDIT: deck below) I actually ran two mongoose and found it worked for me pretty well; losing the mimic was tough, but not as tough as losing desperado would have been. Datasucker helps manage the boost cost.

I was certainly the only one running without Faust in the cut, and I think there was only three or four crim - all Leela - in the whole tournament. Think this says a lot about the swing in popularity…

As a whole, I agree crim in is a grim place right at the moment. Some brief early testing with Nero is promising, though I’m not sure if he’s the answer to their current woes. Poop and Councilman on the other hand feel like real game changers. I feel poop will almost never be a dead draw, even just to trash something behind a popup if it comes to it! Just how well it shores crim up in their bad matches remains to be seen.

Here is the list I’m running. It certainly needs a couple of cards trimming, Data Dealer is an easy one to take out, I was worried from testing about facing a load of SYNC or Haarp kill. You can swap in Masanoris if you want, but I sometimes feel it causes you to be more cautious and it definitely hurts when you’re facing SYNC and facecheck a Data Raven. Also, HQI should almost certainly be Legwork, even with Sneakdoor and without SoT.

Marty’s Leelasucker 3rd Place Black Lion Games Store Champ

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (8)
3x Desperado (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]☆☆☆[/color]
1x HQ Interface (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Resource (12)
3x Bank Job (Core Set)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
3x Earthrise Hotel (The Source)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)

Icebreaker (8)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (3)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••[/color]
1x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
47 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

I’ve also had some luck with Leela in Store Champs. I managed 5-0 in swiss, with some matchup luck, but the deck really seemed to hum for me, and it pretty much played like Leela has in the past, which is in a good spot with so much yellow and less foodcoats.

Edit: Inserted an old list, whoops.

Still Floating Like a Butterfly - Leela Post MWL

Leela Patel: Trained Pragmatist (All That Remains)

Event (18)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
1x Hostage (Opening Moves)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
2x Desperado (Core Set) [color=#4169E1]☆☆[/color]
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof) [color=#32CD32]••••[/color]

Resource (11)
2x Bank Job (Core Set)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
1x Film Critic (Old Hollywood) [color=#32CD32]•[/color]
1x Hades Shard (First Contact) [color=#708090]•[/color]
1x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
1x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) [color=#708090]•[/color]

Icebreaker (9)
2x Corroder (Core Set) [color=#FF4500]••••[/color]
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) [color=#32CD32]••[/color]

Program (2)
2x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Kala Ghoda

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

3 Likes

I was joking. Gingerbread isn’t played enough now to make that buff an issue.

It’s not perfect, but you can always click “Summarize” on the first post for those sprawling threads. It trims it down to just the highlight posts.

The numbers our back on our store champ, looks like 4/24 were crims, 3 Leela and 1 Ken. Pretty grim reading. Though I know @shanodin was saying that they had a whole load in their champ down Leeds way?