How big is your meta?

Feel free to start a new thread to discuss this. :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ll call it, ā€œHow many people do you regularly play with?ā€ for clarity.

1 Like

3 regulars counting me, 5 total if you count the sometimes turn ups.

Store champs are various cities between 8 and 25 people.

Regionals are ~80 (Louisville, Chicago and Warren MI).

So hard to recruit people where I am :confused:

2 Likes

Atlanta, GA:

• Regular LGS game nights: 4-12 (varies from store to store)
  • GNKs: 8-12 (higher average attendance but still usually not more than a large casual meetup)
  • Store Champs: Last year our smallest was 20 and largest was 47
  • Regional: 50 last year, which seems small to me. I blame the store owner for charging $25 without any extra prize support. Praying that store doesnā€™t get it again.

Weā€™ve had a few events with pretty high attendance before. We had a D&D release event where we played for a GNK and had 17. Also, we recently started a league at one of our stores and the first turnout was 17, which was awesome.

1 Like

Seattle has 5-6 stores that have a weekly night. Those nights have anywhere from 5 regulars to maybe 20, with some overlap of course. If I had to make a rough guess, Iā€™d say there are 40 people who meet to play in person on a regular basis.

1 Like

We hope thereā€™s one in both places cause we love to road trip up to you guys!

I would roughly estimate we get 40+ weekly in London pretty often. Store champs up to about 60 people at times. Itā€™s very rare that SCs donā€™t sell out here.

I would say that in the more traditional sense our ā€œmetaā€ is much bigger than that though. Those of us from London often go to play at Reading and other nearby places that have their own distinct gaming group, and vice versa. It feels to me like the South of England netrunners are a pretty close knit bunch by and large.

2 Likes

If you KC folk ever want to meet up with the Omaha people in, like, Mound City or something hit me up. Maybe we can work something out.

2 Likes

We actually want to road trip back to Bellevue again! We had a great time there. Probably have to wait until after the holiday season, if not winter altogetherā€¦

2 Likes

Ugh. The jealousy I feel. Especially when I start thinking about having to cross international borders or driving for over three hours to get to any kind of tournament that size.

1 Like

If you guys ever make the trip again outside of the regionals, mention something on the omaha netrunner Facebook page. Everyone over here likes trying out against people we donā€™t play all the time.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s good and bad. It does mean that you have to sign up to organised events weeks or even months in advance, because they almost all sell out. Itā€™s a bit exhausting having to keep a constant eye out and jump on them as soon as they go on sale.

The good definitely outweighs it though!

1 Like

You sound like a rich guy explaining that sometimes itā€™s really hard having so much money because you canā€™t tax shelter enough of it.

4 Likes

Another KC guy here. We will definitely raid one of your Store Champs next year. Iā€™m on the Omaha Netrunner Facebook page and I keep an eye on you guys. Canā€™t wait for Store Champs, hopefully a couple packs into Mumbad!

1 Like

Regular Weekly Meetupsā€”4 to choose from within 30minutes: highly variable from 4-12
GNK: 8-12
Store Champs: 20-32

2 Likes

What night so you guys play? I might try coming up for a night sometime in jan/feb.

Weekly meetup: 15-20 on average
GNK/Tournaments (nothing else available here): 20-30

Iā€™d guess there are at least 100 people playing across the city, but itā€™s hard to be sure. Iā€™m lucky to live close to the biggest weekly meetup. Hopefully weā€™ll start seeing more support for the game starting with the winter kits (Iā€™ve been gathering promos from abroad to give as prizes for awhile now). The Korean publisher has told us that suppot will come though.

Which Roseville Regular are you? Iā€™m sure weā€™re acquainted, but I have no idea what the Stimhack handles of the other Minnesota people are.

I mainly play at Mead Hall these days, but my name is my handle backwards.

As well, we have barely any GNKs or Store Champs compared to the number of people. Non-Londoners definitely have more promos! Knowing that a 32+ person GNK went to double-elims after many rounds of swiss is pretty ridiculous.

1 Like