How do you tell if a brew is worth working on?

In your example, I would look at an older tagstorm deck that seems alright, preferably with some tourney wins. Test it, to get a feel of how it is supposed to work. After that I would probably look at all the cards that have come out since. Could it work better with another ID? How did the old deck tag? Could you use the same concept with newer ice or operations? Do you have better agenda options now?

This of course only works if there are a working archetype. If you have a new archetype in mind, then it is harder to reuse older decks. But it is still not impossible. You might be able to take for example an existing agenda suite from a successful deck or an existing breaker suite.

Also, when you prototype a deck, you don’t have to be as strict with deck limits.Having a 50 deck in a 45 runner just to get a feel can be good. It might even be easier to spot things to cut if you have more cards in play. If you never install a card, it is probably a good candidate to cut. Having midseasons, sea source and manhunt in the deck can help you get a sense of which of them are the best in your deck?

Also, try and focus on the goal, how will you win? Are the cards you have chosen helping or hindering you? Will that comet you packed in Hayley really help you to earn even more clicks or will it hinder Hayleys ability? Do you feel you need more cards to get a combo to work, it usually is better to scrap that combo.

This is the exact thing I’m exploring with Runners atm. For me, and for the moment, those decks are slow in a speedy corp environnement, with a strong lategame.
The problem is if the corp is at matchpoint, you need impact to run that remote server now and then each turn. Impact is imho what makes Calimsha Kate strong. So maybe this is all a problem of impact.

I think “Or gain 2” mean “or the card you clicked to draw and clicked to play can be refunded like if you clicked credit instead”.

Neutral hardware 0c, 0inf: [clic and trash a card] : gain 2c.
Or
Neutral hardware 1c, 1inf: [clic and trash a card] : gain 3c…

Dunno. Would play any with wyldside-chronotype :wink: