nowday’s ALL good yomi players (that I know ) use random.org (waterD, Deluks, Clannationy, Myself, hugakitten, Redless, Ntillerman vivafringe when he played, Dr.Faustus). I personally switched to just playing the strongest card in my hand every turn, (note strongest is relative to the situation and my hand, it is way more random than it sounds at first) to amusingly high sucesses
What I and many other players concluded in magic was that trying to level people was often a waste of time, So what if you could get a “read” on someone’s hand good for you! I would be willing to play completely face up with my runner deck and show you everything I have in hand and in play. I would be less willing to do so with my corp deck mostly because of ICE and knowing the agenda count in HQ. however for the most part I would be completely willing to play face up with corp as well, it’s just that on the first 2-3 turns, the hidden information is somewhat valueable to prevent the runner from putting down ICEbreakers before facechecking and to make the runner unsure if he hit a string of bad luck on his HQ acesses or if I don’t have agenda’s in HQ.
There is one bluff however which I do run quite a bit, but only in 1 matchup and only when I am agenda flooded against andromeda. Click 1 install astroscript on my remote, Click 2 use econ card (works best if sweeps week) click 3 install ICE over HQ, pass.I also run some other shell games in situations where I warrant it optimal, but let’s just say that due to sansan city grid fear, runners are more willing to check remotes making shell game type plays dangerous.
Psi games follow a handy chart to memorize https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BSklSlsb-36mbWa_7cKBwKCy8Tsuw5dYFyiXEctzsjc/edit#gid=0 in general bid 0 more often than the GTO chart say’s to if you are a runner and bid 2 more often if you are a corp, in order to exploit the tendencies of other humans.
In terms of other bluffs and infomation hiding for runnersI also reccomend the follwoing
- Think in chunks act in chunks, plan out your entire turn starting on the very first click, then make a series of moves in 1 turn rather than thinking during any click other than click 0. Exceptions are often included, for insance Click 1 indexing, witht he plan of scoring any agenda’s you see, then only seeing 1 agenda, then adjusting is reasonable.
- always do the following every turn
- look at discard of yourself
- count your credits and corps
- count cost to get into each server
- now that you know these things, make your plan and start to run, I generally think 2-4 turns in advance when I run
- whenever the situation changes suddenly (ICE rezzed or other shift in gamestate) recount everything again.