Is Plascrete the Optimal Choice?

I think that if Plascrete wasn’t Neutral then it would be Criminal.

edit:
Flavorfully, Anarch is the tag-me faction (Vamp, Activist Support, DLR, Joshua B, Tallie Perrault) and Criminal is the deal-with-your-tags / don’t-die faction (Lawyer Up, Networking, Paper Tripping, Crash Space, Decoy / Muresh Body Suit, Leverage). And it makes sense flavorfully that Criminal gets Account Siphon. But man is it ever rough for Anarch functionally. I’m just glad that Plascrete is neutral…

2 Likes

While true, I feel like flavor should be second to function. FFG doesn’t agree, but…

Strongly disagreed for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Plascrete is quite obviously the “do your worst” kind of answer to tags, while Crash Space is the “I’m dealin’ with it” answer.

4 Likes

Plascrete is hi tech body armor, criminals get all of the equipment because they are in the field first and hacking is just part of the job. Criminals have guns and body armor already, plascrete wouldnt be a shaper or anarch card because they have only gotten equipment that relates to being a decker (cyber feeder, spinal modem, omni-drive)

Well, they could retheme what the fiction of plascrete is, but I think the effect still makes the most sense as neutral. Prevention is the boring answer, factions get the appropriate interesting answers. Anarch’s in-faction answer is imp style effects. Do unto others before they do unto you.

1 Like