[Jinteki RP] Perfecting Perfection: The Best Deck Ever

Why is 3 the number? Not trolling, just feeling like I missed something.

At most how many you have to trash before you score an agenda assuming youā€™re not rezzing and using Jackson and donā€™t care anyway.

Hacktivist has been very underwhelming in testing. Itā€™s good against nearpad, but not so much for hb and rp

Maybe I havenā€™t tested enough (only played eight or so matches with it as runner), but I found Hacktivist very effective in my HB and RP match-ups as runner. It can take a while sometimes to get a scoring server set up, especially if the runner is aggressive making you rez ICE and then killing it ā€“ and HM just further extends that setup time by dissuading drip econ.

Including Fetal AI as the 9th agenda is interesting! Iā€™d been using Philotic as a personal preference, just because itā€™s incredibly easy to score even unprotected, but it does suck to have a runner steal it off an R&D without losing any tempo. Iā€™ve never really liked the idea of having 3 TFPs, as itā€™s much easier to account for your TFPs spread out across a remote/HQ/archives when the runner goes for a desperate hit at R&D at matchpoint, and youā€™re trying to decide whether to rez anything.

As for ice, I stopped running Pups and went for Cortex Locks just because it was annoying to see Stealth Andy walk through it for a single stealth credit. Crick is also nice in the Stealth Andy match-up, as it requires two stealth credits for Refracter on Archives, and you can stack it on a remote with other 2+ strength code gates to drain stealth credits. Donā€™t understand the excalibur hate, as itā€™s not terrible on your scoring server, combos great with Susan if you put it on Archives, and isnā€™t terrible on R&D if you suspect the runner is going to go HAM with Medium runs.

And all this talk about flatlines at Nationals makes me nostalgic for my own net-damage heavy RP I brought there. Got at least 2 flatlines from failed Indexing runs where I Jacksoned Fetal AIs back into a Hokusai Gridā€™d R&D. And then I I flatlined Lukas with a Swordsman.

Get an Ashigaru in there Dan, youā€™ll love it!

I have been probably just been playing too much Reg Ass. Everytime someone rezzed it Iā€™m just like lolknife/parasite nicecard.

I guess itā€™s reasonable most other matchups and not as narrow as susano? Is it actually enough to keep Kate out?

Been playing RP for a while, and love dabbling in other builds lately. Used to be daily casts plus ashigaru sans the ELP for a good while. Switched over to grail build for part of the store champ season, then took it to the SSCI and got really shit on. I think tollbooths are too good to not have two of. I used to run double Fetal AI because of how taxing it is for criminals.

Currently Iā€™m testing out the fetal again in addition to two copies of snare and see how they do for hq/r&d defense. Iā€™m not too sure on the cortex lock now as well, as itā€™s a lil tougher to hit the runner with when everyone are more or less expecting it.

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
1x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (13)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) [color=#d7a32d]Ā·Ā·[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#d7a32d]Ā·Ā·Ā·[/color]
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (4)
1x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#6b2b8a]Ā·Ā·[/color]
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (6)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#6b2b8a]Ā·Ā·Ā·[/color]
1x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)

Code Gate (7)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i]
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) [color=#d7a32d]Ā·Ā·Ā·Ā·[/color]
1x Viper (Cyber Exodus) [color=#6b2b8a]Ā·[/color]
1x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Sentry (6)
2x Cortex Lock (The Valley)
2x Pup (Honor and Profit)
1x Susanoo-No-Mikoto (Honor and Profit)
1x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Cards in deck: 49 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Agenda Points: 20
Cards up to The Valley

Deck built with Net Deck.

Iā€™ve used the popularity of Mediohxcore build to great effect at my store. Rocking x3 Snare, x3 Shock, x3 Fetal, x1 Philotic, and your standard ICE net damage taxers for Jinteki like Komainu and Tsurugi.

People donā€™t really expect the damage route out of RP anymore, except for on the ICE, so Iā€™ve got a fair few kills just from deep digs into R&D and HQ, though that isnā€™t as likely if I play Gift right away and reveal my plan.

Stillā€¦ Snare is a great taxer. Forgot how much I loved that card.

1 Like

I find that Snare is only a good taxer when youā€™re winning. When youā€™re behind, paying for it is often not worth it or close to not worth it. Still, youā€™re not going to get any hate from me for trying to surprise people and kill them.

1 Like

With NEH being less prevalent and RP being anywhere, I think most kate deck should play at least one datasucker. Something like 0 utopia, 3 SMC, 1 clot + 1 sucker and use your first SMC to bring your sucker is actually a good move against RP.
Also, Atman 6 + 1 sucker token make both crick on archive and Susanoo more manageable. Everything else is in the range of Lady /. CyCy

1 Like

Still trying the snares out at the moment and judging if they are win more or not. They are nice to have, but I do notice I probably only trigger one, but not both of snares back to back like you mentioned. 4c is a lot to pay. That said, they are quite the surprise thus far. Iā€™m going to take out my cortex locks for more etr or something. Will put in more games prior to my regionals to know for sure.

1 Like

True. And I have not fired it in some cases, depending on how far down I am on cred. Pretty great when you have the Nisei counter scored up and the pressure is on to run, though. I also really like how awful it makes the hand seem if you Gift and show TPF as the only agenda plus a few Snare/Shock.

Mostly, the damage in my deck is meant to slow the runner down, not kill them. I like taxing the grip a lot because it is an angle certain players are less prepared for than straighforward glacial cred tax. Especially out of RP as opposed to PE.

Speaking of PEā€¦ I have not played that ID in a minute (not since Genesis, I think?). I just got the alt art at a tourney a little bit ago. Perhaps it is time?

In a world of Prepaid Kate with Deus X, and Leelaā€™s ability to bounce whatever you IAA/Mushin from stealing an agenda, you might have to wait a bit longer. Shame, too; itā€™s nice art.

Iā€™ve Had Worse, Keyhole, Vamp etc just make the life of pe miserable. :frowning: Since a lot of Shaper seems to cut Deus X for more room to play femme/wathever maybe itā€™s worth in this particular match up (astrolabe is still a pain in the ass tho). I did consider bringing PE as my regional season deck too, like 10 all minutes.

3 Likes

Thoughts on Architect? It taxes for 2, is a nice faceplant and cant be bullshitā€™ed away by anarchs.

Architect in itself is nice, but influence wise I feel itā€™s not a good call. RP is supposed to play some nasty sentries anyway so itā€™s not like it would fire often. Itā€™s really just a 2 credits tax for a rez cost of 4 in 90% of the cases. I think itā€™s probably better to play tollbooth instead with some pup and tsurugi. It taxes way more and your opponent will probably not have the possibilities to trash all your sentries and the tollbooth anyway.

1 Like

Has ELP fallen out of favour?
Any particular reason for this or is it just a deck space / influence issue?

Secondary question, which assets do you typically protect with ICE and which would you just play naked?
Scrubber is becoming increasingly popular in Anarch decks, so the tax on trashing assets isnā€™t what it used to be. These decks used to run 19 ICE, theyā€™re now more like 17-18; are you guys finding the ICE count is enough to protect everything you need to?

In my experience you typically only protect 1-2 sundew(s)
(maybe even less if your outermost ICE on centrals is taxing)

I personally still play 19 Ices (with 2 excalibur thus cutting 1 would put the count at 18 without hurting too much). 17 seems too low. I guess the game plan in this kind of deck is more rush oriented.