Join Online Cache Refresh tournament starting May 29

Just a bump to remind folks that the we will be starting soon.

Sorry, but what if I did choose IDs keeping certain decks in mind but forgot card pool limitations which may hurt those decks? How can I update IDs (before tournament start, obviously)?

@WildSam - Just let me know which IDs you are using and I will go change them in the registration form.

As we approach the last days before the start of the tournament, just a few reminders.

1. I will list pairings for each week in this topic. I will post notifications that the parings are up in the #cache_refresh Slack channel.

2. You need to arrange games with each other and will have until 5 p.m on Sunday Eastern Time to report them on the Google Form that I will provide for results. Please note: Only one player should match results.

3. If you are not already on Slack, please sign up. The #cache_refresh channel and direct messages on Slack will be the best way to arrange games and discuss the tournament as it goes on. If you have not joined the Stimhack Slack, you can get an invitation here.

4. The most recent FAQ is in full effect for this tournament.

Policy Regarding Scheduling Conflicts
Pairings will be posted before midnight Eastern Time each week. Players should contact each other on Monday to arrange a time to play before the reporting deadline. (Remember, you will both Corp and Run.) If a player does not respond to initial attempts to contact within 24 hours, they will forfeit the games for the week. (Iā€™ll need documentation of attempts to contact.)

If players cannot reach a mutually agreeable time to play despite sincere attempts on both ends, then I will enter the results as a 3-3 tie unless one player agrees to concede the match to the other.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues disrupt a game. Start over.

If problems with Jinteki or other connection issues prevent the conclusion of a match before the deadline, it will be entered as a 3-3 split unless one player concedes the match to the other.

One Final Request
This kind of online tournament only works if all players make an effort to play all games and to work out scheduling problems. Please commit to play out through all the Swiss rounds, even if you do not get off to a good start.

First pairings go live on Sunday night.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi, I signed up for the tournament (my first time playing strangers on Jinteki!).
Question about the deck building restrictions: Can use two different deluxe boxes for my two differen decks ā€“ as in, can I use one deluxe box each for each deck?
Thank you very much in advance!

You are free to chose different boxes for each deck.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the answer!

I just found out that I cannot use Slack (I have internet access only via a university network and the firewall is apparently blocking Slack). Will there be another way to contact my opponents to set up a match?

Following on from that, I assume we can switch big boxes when we modify our decks between matches, yes?

Good question. Let me think about that and get back with you.

You can post in this thread. I can ask your opponent to try to contact you here.

While Iā€™m asking questions about deck modification: Do we learn our opponentsā€™ IDs when matches are posted? That is, will people potentially know their next opponentsā€™ IDs when they are modifying their decks?

That is the issue of concern with changing boxes. I will not post IDs, but factions will be posted from time to time when I publish standings.

ROUND 1 PAIRINGS

NOTE: We have four players from Europe, so to ease scheduling issues, I paired them against each other in this round. In all follow up rounds, pairings will be determined by the computer.

Here are the pairings for Round 1.

cr WildSam
cr adquen
cr Chaostheorie
cr mazeberlin
cr strube
cr Sanjay
cr x3r0h0ur
cr internet_potato
cr YankeeFlatline
cr Forjay
cr CatOwl
cr Altoecko
cr Absotively
cr PanzerD
cr Internet
cr Zankoku
cr BizTheDad
cr neuropantser
cr Conphas
cr PureFlight
cr bayaz
cr kevintame
cr mbrizl
cr sneakysnake

Please arrange your games and then REPORT RESULTS HERE. (Only one person per match submit results.) Results must be reported by 5 p.m. EST on Sunday, June 4.

@mazeberlin - @Chaostheorie has trouble with Slack. Please arrange your game together using Stimhack or another communication method.

Please refer to the rules above if you have trouble scheduling your matches. Send me any questions.

Good luck and have fun!

RULING: You must use the same Deluxe Box to build your deck throughout the tournament.

RATIONALE: I am erring on the side of being conservative. I do worry about too much side-boarding as players anticipate what their opponents will bring to a game.

PLEASE NOTE: You may only play cards that have reached their street date.

Jinteki has some cards implemented that are not yet for sale on the street. These cards are not legal in the tournament.

@forjay - Please contact your opponent on Slack if you can

I just found out I can use Slack while at work. Of course this isnā€™t ideal, but Iā€™ll follow the channel.

Hi @mazeberlin,
I canā€™t find you on Stimhack (maybe different username?). Can you PM me on Stimhack?
I hope you see this because I donā€™t know how how I can contact you at all.
Cheers!

@PureFlight I dont see you on slack. PM me here or respond to the thread if there is a better way to contact you or you have a different username there.

@mbrizl Looks like weā€™re matched up in the first round. I sent you a pm on slack but just in case you thought itā€™s a random stranger Iā€™m messaging you here too. Give me a time thatā€™s good for you and I should be able to accommodate.