Join Online Cache Refresh tournament starting May 29

He was talking about how late game is hard for corp side, so one of the more attractive options is meat damage kill. So that naturally makes Sync and CTM a stronger option for NBN

Round 3 is done.

Here are the pairings for ROUND 4.

cr mazeberlin
cr BizTheDad

cr WildSam
cr internet_potato

cr mbrizl
cr bayaz

cr kevintame
cr sneakysnake

cr Internet
cr x3r0h0ur

cr Sanjay
cr Conphas

cr PureFlight
cr strube

cr Absotively
cr Zankoku

cr Chaostheorie
cr neuropantser

cr PanzerD
cr YankeeFlatline

cr adquen
cr Forjay

Please report results of your games by Sunday, June 25, at 5 p.m. EDT.

Good luck and have fun!

1 Like

How is this thing going? What is doing well? I’m curious :smiley:

1 Like

Hopefully some of the players can respond. Since we started with an even number of players, I have not played.

We started with 24 and aside from the time zone challenges, people have done a great job organizing games.

Drop in the Slack channel and ask if you like. #cache_refresh_tourney

Things have been going well! It’s been a fun exercise in exploring the format and tinkering with decks.

Seems like there is a reasonable variety with regard to what is actually doing well. I’m hoping once we are all done especially people at the top of the league will have good comments on what they think has been working.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen a pretty good variety. I think that the most crushing loss I’ve had so far was against “good stuff” Los. In general, runner econ feels a lot stronger than corp econ so in-faction access to temujin, straining the corp with ICE rezzes, gaining tempo on ICE rezzes, and siphon add up to sad times for corp.

Corp side, boom sync and door-to-door making news both seem pretty strong-- Aaron helps a lot to deal with those, but MCA informant is a thing. I’ve been running a midrange EtF deck simply for economic purposes. Moon is still good even if you don’t go full horizontal.

1 Like

Round 4 is over.

Here are the pairings for ROUND FIVE. (One more left after this before the cut.)

cr BizTheDad
cr WildSam

cr mazeberlin
cr kevintame

cr mbrizl
cr internet_potato

cr x3r0h0ur
cr Conphas

cr sneakysnake
cr strube

cr neuropantser
cr Zankoku

cr PureFlight
cr PanzerD

cr bayaz
cr Internet

cr Absotively
cr Forjay

cr Sanjay
cr Chaostheorie

cr YankeeFlatline
cr adquen

Please report your results by 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 2.

Good luck and have fun!

@YankeeFlatline: Hope you read this - as you notice I’m not there. I’m sorry - right now I only have my phone as my only internet device (and I can’t play on the phone). As this is our agreed appointment and I doubt this will be solved before the round is done, I have to give you to the wins …

@FightingWalloon: As this is the second time I needed to drop my game due to rl stuff, I think it’s best I drop from the league. Sorry.

Sorry to hear. Thanks for playing.

Round 5 is over.

Here are the ROUND 6 PAIRINGS:

cr YankeeFlatline
Bye

cr WildSam
cr kevintame

cr mbrizl
cr x3r0h0ur

cr BizTheDad
cr internet_potato

cr mazeberlin
cr neuropantser

cr sneakysnake
cr PureFlight

cr bayaz
cr Conphas

cr PanzerD
cr strube

cr Internet
cr Absotively

cr Sanjay
cr Zankoku

cr Forjay
cr Chaostheorie

This is the last round before the Top Cut to 4, which will be double elimination.

Please report all game results by 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 9.

Thank you to everyone for playing.

Good luck and have fun!

I know this got posted on Slack, but for anyone who prefers to keep up with things through the forum, FightingWalloon has posted the tournament on Always be Running. If you have a NetrunnerDB account and didn’t make the cut, you can claim your spot there and link your decklists. You can also see the decklists of other people who have claimed their spots.

Nice job @mbzrl! epic final match- I won first round as runner, we hit a stalemate where I could not win (as corp), then he lit me up with SYNC in the final game.

Congratulations on the win! GGs to everybody, it was really cool to meet/chat with you all, super fun games, and a great format for a tournament. Being able to sideboard/change up decks between games added an interesting deckbuilding dimension throughout the entire event.

1 Like

The word is already out, but just to make it official: @mbzrl wins the first online Cache Refresh tournament, an achievement made more remarkable by the fact that he literally squeaked into the top cut on Extended Strength of Schedule after the final game of the last round of Swiss resolved.

Well done.

Thanks to everyone who played.

You made this event a great success.

2 Likes