Home | About | Tournament Winning Decklists | Forums

Marcus Batty is (hopefully not) bad for the game

Very true. Post Batty RP protection suite might easily look like this: 2x Batty, 2x Caprice, 1x Crisium, 2x Interns. But fear not! Film Critic will be here soon and the time to abandon RP is upon us. Batty or not, Kate with Film Critic will find points in R&D.

There’s a paid ability window to rez Batty, right? Same paid ability window lets you use his ability before breaking ever happens.

1 Like

There are two steps as the runner approaches rezzed ICE. On Approach (2.3, where ICE is rezzed) and On Encounter (3.1, where ICE is broken). If you fire Batty On Approach, there is no chance to break.

2 Likes

People make their rezzes/paids in batches then pass priority. So corp goes: rez Batty, rez Ice, fire Batty, pass priority.

1 Like

Wrong. They can rez and fire Batty during the approach step, but you can only break subroutines during the encounter step (2.3 and 3.1 respectively).

Wow so many ninjas :open_mouth: .

5 Likes

Nope, if you are on approach, you can’t break subroutines at all. You can only break subroutines during the later encounter window. The Corp rezzes the ICE (and maybe Marcus Batty) in their window in the approach phase. It is still their window until they pass it, so they can trash-to-fire MB too before passing back to the Runner (so you can’t “insta-Parasite” the just-rezzed ICE before MB fires either, you have to wait until your go in the window again).

11 Likes

So basically before you run a server with batty in it, make sure you have a clone chip out so you can pull your killer out after they trash it so you can still break the Ichi.

or do this http://f1.thejournal.ie/media/2013/11/lie_down__try_not_to_cry__cry_a_lot_combo_by_badflippy-d5t596e-630x322.jpg

5 Likes

Woah, I completely underestimated Batty then. Y’all are right.

1 Like

I’m playing @Slakker 's ETF Batty/Next deck, and it’s stupid. Really, really stupid. I literally just won a single psi game and trashed an Atman4, Gordian, and Mimic. The thing about Batty in HB, is it’s a straight swap for Caprice but in no other way does it affect or change your game plan. Ice your campaigns, Get Ash in a scoring server, score agendas. Get a Batty in the remote, or Archives Memories/Interns one there, win a psi game, and force Kate to IMMEDIATELY Levy. Caprice was run in HB in the mainstream because of Clot and Stimhack during The Glaciering, right around SSCI, so Ash wasn’t enough- Ash is enough again.

This is ridiculous synergy, and impossible to tech for without diluting your deck enough to lose to Fastro. Not gonna stop me from playing it and riding this Timmyv wave for all it’s worth though :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ve been doing something similar out of ETF – 3xBatty, 3xGold, 2xAsh. It feels too easy, which is why I started the thread. Only a couple games with it so far, but I don’t see it being easy to beat.

13 Likes

relevant: https://twitter.com/IirionClaus/status/619347545949646848

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my fault. Vids going up on my Youtube tonight, it ain’t pretty.

13 Likes

I’m interested in this. I don’t understand why Batty > Ash in standard RP other than blessing RP with +2 inf (which they clearly don’t need). I wonder if Film Critic will be common or effective enough to knock them back into the pack?

Despite winning a psi game against Batty last night for “low stakes” (trash 1 program), it makes for a very scary situation. Even that 1 program can be game-ending to criminals. Though…that’s probably a reason why they got Drive By. Moving forward, criminals either need to pack this or redundancy.

Stating possible interactions, a Batty behind a Wormhole eliminates Batty’s server ICE restriction, just in case the runner attempts to avoid the nasty ICE.

1 Like

I just play batty and rez it on my turn against criminal. Now you can’t drive by it, and I don’t mind letting you see what it is, if you can’t instant kill it.

1 Like

So now you have the remote (if you have a destroyer on it). I can win on centrals. I think if destroyer RP is popular then sacrificial construct or clone chip become necessary. It’s like Clot made it necessary to score from the board. Batty makes it necessary to be able to recover from program trashing. I don’t want to be doom and gloom because FFG printed a card with a strong effect.