Minority Report: Everybody Runs – Top 4 at Philadelphia Regional

I personally believe the way to give yourself the best chance of winning a Netrunner tournament is to play a deck enough to be thoroughly familiar with every single matchup. Switching decks often is fun, and I do it plenty during SC season, but here in the northeast we don’t have like 100 regionals per state, and you really want to give yourself the best shot possible. Switching to a new deck a couple weeks before a tournament is a shooting yourself in the foot unless the deck you’re most familiar with is really terrible in the meta.

6 Likes

Or @lpoulter could make it and we could call the archetype PoulterGeist!

The most important part of a deck is its name after all.

2 Likes

That’s fair, but, Zach’s traveled to a number of Regionals, and has been playing the same dex (Andy/NEH) for the past year now. Granted, it appears that he has zero local meta.

Hey, we only have TWO in WI. It just so happens I have 4 within 5.5 hours drive of my house, and prob. 6 if I wanted to drive 7 hours.

Yeah, Zach is an interesting case because he travels to a good amount of tournaments but doesn’t get a whole lot of play in between them. I’m sure if he had more time to practice he would be more open to switching but from what I understand, like, half of his games are tournament games :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

He’s the Winter Runner: he gets unfrozen for tournaments, and then is put back into carbonite.

5 Likes

Ha funnily enough I was just chatting about how when i win worlds my card them is sorted, ghost hacker on the wires.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure fully one third of all of Zach’s games of Netrunner have been against me.

4 Likes

No wonder he’s so good.

1 Like

He actually thinks the game is called “Nilesrunner” not “Netrunner”

7 Likes

Oh dear. Is it not?

10 Likes