Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: GMT (United Kingdom)
Able to use Voice Chat?: Yes
Area where you think you need to improve or area where you think you have some particular expertise: I’ve been playing for a while, but I find my play has degraded recently. Just want a brush up really…

Thanks.

Good first session with @deaglesuk - enjoyable and good to have to explain my thoughts!

4 Likes

I enjoyed it a lot and already looking forward to next week. Screen sharing with you playing a game explaining what you were doing and why really helped a lot.

Thanks for taking the time to help

2 Likes

Thanks for organizing this program! My first session with @kata124 went well, even though there’s not much of a skill gap. I look forward to continuing!

2 Likes

Good to hear. The idea was even though people are similar skill levels, often talking out your thinking to another person and getting their line of thinking would still be helpful.

1 Like

Definitely! I feel like half of getting better is just stopping to think about why you’re doing what you’re doing.

I can mentor if desired, by the way.

I only wanted to mentee so as to round the corners, so to speak.

1 Like

I can take on another student. Weekdays, EST, in the evening.

Link to my info i submitted. - Official Stimhack Netrunner Mentor Program Updated With Pairings! Now with a tournament! - #7 by bahram

PM me if interested with a link to your post.

1 Like

Second student found

Can you tell me who it is so I can add it to the pairing list?

Role: Mentor
Time zone: Eastern NA, UTC - 5:00
Voice Chat: Tentative yes
Are of expertise: Solid all around. For corp I’ve played Rush, Fast Advance, Glacier, and kill decks, though Jinteki shell game is not my strongest suite. For runner I’m more experienced with Anarchs and Criminals, but still perfectly serviceable Shaper. I’m open for mentees from beginner to intermediate.

1 Like

That whole “being streamed” thing isn’t a bad idea, although I have no idea how I would do that, since my current computer setup is that of a potato.

But I wouldn’t mind people jumping on board (on skype and jinteki.net) to watch games and listen to the discussion while we play with my “students.”

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of updates, but haven’t been able to pair up much people due to different timezones. Could those still waiting have a look at the list, and see if they are able to work with people from a different timezone so they can get paired up? Thanks :smile:

Role: apprentice
GMT:0
Voice chat: skype
Areas I need to improve: runner

I am a new player: i started playing a few days ago. I have a good grasp of the rules and usually win as corp. the strategy is clear to me and its easy to make choices. Nomally I feel confident in winning.

As runner however I always feel under pressure as the ice starts to go up on every server, struggling financially and simply shocked at the level of BS that some cards are (close accounts, howard, and CAPRICE). I often hear that the runner can set up rig, and then out-economy the corp. i find this doesn’t apply to my games. I have had some wins as faust noise, chaos theory and andromeda, but I feel I must be missing something because corp seems to always have the advantage vs me.

@RJay: any chance we could get the pairings stickied to the top of the page?

1 Like

I’ve sent to Asclepius if he can add the link to the first post

2 Likes

is the pairing chart up to date? I still havent gotten a 2nd, so i can just look thru and be proactive about it if thats lists up to date

Pairings can now be found in the OP.

5 Likes

Hey all, we’re looking for a sparring partner for Kenobob. PM me if interested. :smile:

Hope I am not too late to take part. This looks exciting!

Role: Mentee
Time zone: PST (East Bay, CA)
Able to use voice chat?: Yes
Area where I need to improve: I would put my skill level somewhere between basic and intermediate. Thus, I need help with most facets of the game (board state awareness, progressing game to victory, deck building). My availability varies due to traveling for work, but most of the time can play on OCTGN in the evenings during the week.
Platform: OCTGN preferred, but am willing to give Jinteki.net a whirl again.

Thank you in advance!