Official Stimhack OCTGN League PART V

One small hint is to always check before starting the game if the person is in the league
it’s an easy thing to do. In these kind of situations you can easily check what’s his nick on the league.

When I found “tekygaming” I assumed I had found him. I guess the lesson is to ask if there is any doubt whatsoever.

I think I played a guy named teky a while back like in a BGG tournament and the tekygaming username on challengeboards sounds right to me. From what I remember he was a pretty nice guy (from somewhere in South America) and we chatted a bit and played outside of the BGG tournament a few times. Could it be that he’s just slow to verify his game? How long has it been since the games were reported?

TL/DR - I believe teky == tekygaming. May be slow to verify.

Thanks. Probably he doesn’t have a Stimhack account then.

Slow to verify wouldn’t be a problem. The problem is that he hasn’t reported his win against me. Which is good for me I suppose? But I don’t really want to benefit from something like that. Also if he reports it now then I’m going to lose a lot more ELO than if he had reported it at the appropriate time (which is a lame aspect of ELO).

@Argamas advice?

Can’t you just report it?

Nope. Challengeboards only lets you report a win or a tie - it doesn’t let you report a loss for yourself.

Ahhh, my bad. Just knew there was a slider.

Actually it is a lame aspect of not reporting immediately. This impacts ratings regardless of the system, unless we would use something like Glicko with rating period equal to league’s duration (which would’t be cool since you couldn’t observe your progress).

2 Likes

I cannot do anything in this situation. If he had a bbg account you could try to contact him there? Or on OCTGN?

Well, it’s both. It’s lame that he didn’t report immediately. But it’s also silly that if two people split a pair of games, which game happened first affects the ratings.

Sure. I’m just wondering if you have advice for what I should do assuming I am not able to contact this person. Withdraw the win that I reported? Leave things the way they are? If he reports the win a week later, should I still verify it?

You keep the win. It was a real game.

If he does not report the win in two days, you can reject it. It messes up the standings. He might have forgotten it?

1 Like

He just reported it. So I will happen to lose more ELO than I would have if he had reported it at the right time, but whatever. Thanks guys.

This happenned to me in the game against @reinijs, shame because it was last turn and could go either way (the advanced thing is a PriReq, there is Eden in archives, remote ice is Next Bronze, archives ice is Architect). Sorry about that, OCTGN would not unfreeze. Feel free to report a win, it was my DC. Thanks for the fun game :wink:

6 Likes

@SimonMoon gave me one game. Is that cool? I mean, I care less about my score, but, if you don’t have time for 2, state that up front, please. This isn’t double elims.

There will be no minimum or maximum number of games you can play. Play anytime, as much as you like. The winner will report the game, and loser will have 36 hours to “reject” the game if there is a discrepancy.

You are not required to play a full match, playing only one side is ok. Although to keep in the spirit of Netrunner please mix up who you play and which side you play as much as possible.

Word. I’ll note it in the game lobby from now on.

Thanx, and, enjoy your Friday night, @SimonMoon! Parasite4Lyfe.

1 Like

The shame! My bad, I usually try and play 2 games, and go in it with the intention to play 2, but sometimes stuff comes up. I let my opponent pick sides because of this, and try and alert my opponent ahead of time if I know I only have time for 1, but sometimes stuff comes up.

Parasitefordaze

2 Likes

Yeah, I had one game that just went super long, so when I thought I had time for two, I only had time for one. Sometimes, you just need to be cool with that. Life > Netrunner, shocking as that may sound.

Yep. Let’s remember that we’re not even talking about cardboard, just digital representations of cardboard. XD

In happy news (for me), I had a great start to my league this morning. Went 4-0, all difficult matches that I managed to pull out somehow. Got past two hard, grinding games with Biotech (were I lost 6 points, including two Niseis relatively early) and Noise (ended up decking out with only 2 points to show for it), then had two very difficult games where the right line was not clear. Managed to steal Government Takeover (advanced 6 times) to take the game as Valencia, and then survived an awesome non-PPVP Kate that dug deep with Medium, and had tons of moving parts, making it mostly unpredictable.

Fantastic games and players, really glad I decided to game this morning. Most of all, I really felt like I made smart choices and decisions, and didn’t make any serious blunders. Hopefully all those hours of watching Netrunner while lying in bed is paying off! :smile:

To both my opponents (you know who you are!) thank you for the time and effort in those games; I had a great time.

I reported a win over Tarock93 after he disconnected. I waited more than 15 minutes but he never connected again. Below is a screenshot of the moment he left.

Considering the board state at the time of disconnection (he had 1 credit left, his Tollboth was being spooned) and that he was pretty upset after losing the Marcus Batty + NEXT Gold psi game (ice parasited soon after), I honestly think this was a case of rage quitting and why I am reporting a win.

If you think I am wrong, please just let me know.