[Pālanā Foods] Soylent Red (It's Made of Runners)

FloadShop

Got a deck wandering in my head since a week.

Having 3 TFP will require a couple more runner access on average, but increase variance. They become a huge liability with Film critic around also.

For those reasons, Im on #2 as well.

1 Like

TFP is still worth it, as an NAPD that takes 2 clicks to score, it’s not like food is inf free

Once Improved Protein Source is released, I’m going with all two pointers except for one Protein Source and two fast tracks.

Jinteki must finance a lot of bad movies because Film Critic is back with a vengeance with these palana decks on the scene…

4 Likes

Here’s my current list:
http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/mDWe7hd8ffcNJuTD2/

Basically try not to lose off of R&D while fast advancing with Biotic and Trick of Light.

Thoughts on Labor vs SanSan in FA builds? I’m surprised to see many people prefer the former over the latter. Unless you’re not planning to build a scoring server at all (which is optimistic), I think the reusability of SanSan gives it an edge. Not that you should really count on it, but even just forcing the runner to come trash it makes it a much stronger value proposition.

Labor is better if you want to FA in the late game (perhaps just rush agendas early using binary ice and only FA the last few) because it’s guaranteed (except for clot) whereas a runner with a big pile of money might not care about having to run in and trash your sansan in advance (and maybe even go for your hq after that). It’s also better in decks that can draw into them regularly (when you have trick of light and agroplex, you shouldn’t need to use the same FA card to score multiple agendas). Sansan is mainly good in nbn cause it doesn’t cost influence and in never advance fast advance hybrid because it achieves that deck’s aim whether it’s trashed or not.

FTFY

2 Likes

I’ve published my Grail Rush deck, though I’ve already dropped 1 Crick for a Chimera. I’ve been have some good success with it:

2 Likes

Fast food is a pretty good name for the FA version of the deck

2 Likes

Trademarked :angry:

1 Like

Palana Glacier

Pālanā Foods: Sustainable Growth
49 cards
Influence: 12/12 ●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​●​○​○​○​
Agenda points: 21

Agenda (9)
3 Corporate Sales Team
3 Nisei MK II
3 The Future Perfect
Asset (9)
3 Jackson Howard ●​●​●​
3 Mental Health Clinic
3 PAD Campaign
ICE (17)
1 Ashigaru
1 Assassin
3 Crick
3 Eli 1.0 ●​●​●​○​○​○​
1 Enigma
1 Komainu
2 Lotus Field
3 Pup
1 Swordsman
1 Vikram 1.0 ●​●​
Operation (8)
3 Celebrity Gift
3 Hedge Fund
2 Interns
Upgrade (6)
2 Ash 2X3ZB9CY ●​●​●​●​
3 Caprice Nisei
1 Cyberdex Virus Suite

This deck is just good.Just good stuff combined.And I really like this deck.
Possible change is to add NAPD,cut 1 Crick for Lotus Field because Faust.But this is just so good.

And I like the pun but I just don’t really interested in slot GFI.

The anti synergy between Palana and mental health clinic is a bit annoying, but I guess it’s still a good card

Never feel anti synergy.They still have to draw cards.Never have seen a runner with 7-8 cards in hand and decided not to draw cards in the remain games.Cards eventually will be drawn,no matter what hand size they have.

2 Likes

To me, there is no antisynergy there.
There is a synergy playing it and the begin-of-corp-turn-runner-draw asset.

If they remove it they’re to loose/play a card. If they remove the second one they loose a drawing clic.

It’s a really strange ecosystem, but I’m thinking of this since last 2 weeks.

(but mkay, the Wizz meta makes me wait about this)

You could call it… Frozen Foods. 'Cause Glacier, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Frozenfoodcoatshop,wonderful name.#MakeShopGreatAgain

I’m still quite doubt Agroplex and won’t use it.As a runner I played against Palana with Agroplex and the extra draw just make me so happy that I don’t think corp getting 1 free credit is that big deal.

2 Likes

Ice Cream Shop

4 Likes

Curious to see, how many credits are you averaging in your games with Palana? Had one game last night where the ID made me 16 credits, but this was against a ProCo Shaper who couldn’t find his stuff, plus an Agroplex running for a good few turns. I think I’m averaging about 10-12 credits a game.