[Pālanā Foods] Soylent Red (It's Made of Runners)

Does this ID need a Levy solution? Is there one?

Blacklist is obvious, Invasion of Privacy? (Needs to also hit SoT.) Chronos? 3x with FA?

The Celebrity Gift interaction does seem really good. I think 3x Celeb Gift & maybe 1-2x Subliminal Messaging will be mandatory economy for Palana decks, since the Subliminals a) help shield cards from Gift & b) are very playable when you’ve overdrawn & just want to get down to your maximum hand size.

1 Like

I’d say cerebral casts to tag. If the runner chooses to take brain damage instead, all the better!

Good thing we have a brand new card that lets you trash assets for cash! And that Agroplex has a high trash cost!

2 Likes

Is there a shutdown combo you can run out of Jinteki? Agroplex seems especially suited to finding pieces like that.

Chain EMPs?

Not a shutdown combo, but Heritage Committee is definitely a combo card, with Mutate (put a big piece of ICE on top of RnD) or An Offer You Can’t Refuse (put a Snare! on top) being good other pieces. Maybe that’s a direction to go in.

1 Like

We should add Cybernetics Court to power up Ashigaru since we have so much draw

6 Likes

Foodcourtshop

6 Likes

It might just be Foodcourt!

1 Like

Step up to the never-ending Jinteki buffet! There’s no such thing as “enough” when it come to drawing you cards!

Sushi-Go-Round?

Brain Damage Buffet

My favorite thing about you is that you’re a genius :grinning:

3 Likes

Heck, install Agroplex Click 3 of one turn, sell it off click 1 the next - that’s two clicks for 1 card + 5c. Not the most efficient thing in the world (especially since it needs two cards to work) but if you really need credits it can work.

What card is that?

Never mind I just saw it

I just got done testing some games with @TheBigBoy against whizzard. Like any deck that’s not blue sun or 7-point CI, the matchup is pretty hopeless, but just in case FFG manages to actually do something sane with the MWL to re-balance things, the ID ability is nuts and definitely worth building for. Here’s where I think the deck should be for a mostly-anarch meta. The genpavs are proxies for agroplex.

8 Likes

I was massively impressed with the ID. You say that the match-up was hopeless but it didn’t feel THAT great for me. Granted the Whizzard deck takes much more skill to play against than it does to pilot, so I guess most players would totally fall apart. 1 mistake made at any point which you did not make would probably snow-ball the game out of control.

2 Likes

It is definitely an improvement over other red IDs (RP, greenhouse). It does not suffer the common jinteki failure mode against anarch where it runs out of econ and also runs out of ice… this only has the problem that it can run out of ice. But unless fully teched I would still give the matchup only 40%. The ice suite is just not as good as HB’s, and I’d rather have ABTs than Niseis in a world of turntables.

1 Like