I have a goal. It’s rather simple in concept, but difficult to implement. How do I get people to play Netrunner?
I realize this is a rather broad concept, but I’d love to hear other’s success stories. Topics I envision (but not limited to):
- How do I find new players?
- If you have one minute to sell a player on netrunner, how would you do so?
- Not all players enjoy playing games the same way. How do I identify what type of player I’m talking to and how do I respect their play style?
- What beginner decks would you suggest to teach new players the rules of the game? Should I be concerned about cards that need to be “played around” like SEA source/scorch/scorch?
- What sort of lore can I use to get players excited about the game. Sure, Ready Player One, Snow Crash, and Neuromancer are great books, but is there anything else out there? What about TV shows or computer games?
- I just converted a new player, now what?
- What methods can I take to introduce a new player to the local netrunner community?
- If you have a limited budget, in what order should you purchase netrunner sets?
- How can I introduce a player to OCTGN?
- Tournaments are scary, how can I get players to attend a tournament?
- How do I keep existing players?
- Tournaments. What does a local store need to do to participate in a game day kit? How can I help advertise a netrunner tournament?
- League nights. What is the benefit? How can I track them? What can I give as rewards?
- Deck building challenges. Ok it was pretty fun making a profressor deck, but what other challenges exist that allow a player to be creative without restricting everyone to playing the same deck?