Revised Core Changes -- The Runners

I honestly don’t understand the guy sometimes. Hates SMC but designs Skorpios, Friends, and Estelle Moon (among others), three bizarre, heavy-handed cards.

I have a suspicion that he just hates cards that made his job more difficult (“I designed 12 crappy Criminal consoles, this is ‘limiting design space’ something must be done about Desperado.”) Let’s hope Boggs designs cards for players not for ‘design space,’ that’s your problem buddy not ours.

*Note: I tacitly agree with Doppel replacing Desperado in Core 2 please don’t send me angry emails lol

Two of those cards are not triggered abilities but require clicks to fire.

I get the argument. I don’t necessarily agree with the idea that the card limits design space, but it would have to be one hell of an efficient program tutor to give smc a run for its money.

SMC takes the edge of running an unrezzed ice. Plop it down, and with enough money you can break any ICE they rez. If you have a breaker in hand, you can install that and SMC and you will have a 66% chance to be able to break any 2-deep server. And together with clone chip it can really become a problem for the corp. So I sort of get what he is saying.

Estelle Moon should probably have had a click cost. And friends is just bad. Especially since the cost/trash ratio is whack at the moment.