Script Kiddies #1 - The Facts

Yeah with respect to combining #3 (OCTGN) and #5 (Pay it forward), I usually try to force myself to enter one of those “n00b looking for either” games on a semi-regular basis, just to pay it back to the community. Just have to make sure I have time, and am in a reasonably good mood :slight_smile: . I think the advice of being sure to advertise yourself as n00b is very good, BTW.

Once I have entered into the teaching position I find it helpful to find out from the “noob” whether he/she is a netrunner noob, or an OCTGN noob, or both. If they are OCTGN noobs I usually ask whether they have checked out the web tutorial yet, as that seems reasonable to require that they have actually checked that out first.

5 Likes

That’s very nice of you! You can also include the card game noob with the netrunner and octgn categories. In my case, although I’ve dedicated a few dozen hours to the game, this still is my first card game and I feel I lack certain card game fundamentals (draw 1st, etc).

Good stuff! Seems like an appropriate place to post Tuism’s OCTGN guide. I also like to play with new players and I always give them this link. I think the general courtesy and friendliness of ANR players is one of the game’s greatest assets. Glad to hear you are doing your part @cspieker!

1 Like

Re: #4 - I always try not to relish my victories, although I do give props to new players that win. My reasoning is there is always room for improvement and if I don’t learn from my victories on how I could’ve played even more optimally then I will limit how good I get.

1 Like

Oh for sure. But when you’re a total newbie your wins come few and far between, so you want to enjoy them when you get them and feel like you’ve earned them. But yeah, you’re absolutely right. There’s something to be learned from every game.

1 Like