Spark Agency: Cool Places/Corp Denial

I can attest that spark is a competitive and more importantly very fun Id to play. Took it to the worlds icebreaker tournament and went 4 wins and 1 loss with a fast advance version ( but bigger ice and ash plus CVS for clot ). Beat 2 prepaid kates, gang sign leela, and ddos siphon Andy. The tax adds up as even in the late game the prepaids were relatively poor. Having 3 product placements rezzed on each of rd, hq, and scoring remote is a thing of beauty especially when runner too poor to trash.

Found the stream archive. I don’t know what the hell I just saw, but was it the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

That game was incredible. City Surveillance piling on tags, Info Overload rig wipe. Cards you don’t ever see taking down one of the best Netrunner players in the world.

1 Like

I was thinking for sure after he rezzed City surveillance its would be psychobeale for the win. That would have been cool to see.

That ends it too quickly. He likes to toy with his food :smiley:

2 Likes

Where did you find this? I ran through the FFG twitch stream archive at least, and I suspect you’re talking about something else possibly?

It was the King Of Servers, right near the end (maybe last game?). I think it’s on the ANR Pro Circuit twitch, definitely not the FFG one!

1 Like

Twitch Starting at 7:26 and bleeding over into the next video:
Twitch For anyone who would like a link and not vague descriptions of where to find it. :wink:

3 Likes

(Haha, sorry, I was at work and couldn’t get on Twitch to find the link! ;))

1 Like

So I’m going to post a link to Chris’s (@Zeromus) list from KoS. Someone needs to write up a better description of it for him so it can become deck of the week.

I played a different (less exciting, more normal spark) at worlds, and it was pretty good for me, going 5-3 (and feeling pretty strong in its losses). I was 10-6 overall, and it felt like my stronger deck.
http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/kC7sDS2Hdy2yrpNsq/

Biggest different between this and the other similar lists is tag punishment in CA and also playing 2x adonis and 1x pad. I felt that I didn’t want to give Kate free Astrolube draws, and also makes it easier to shut down security testing against criminal. Adonis only takes 4 turns to tick down out of the server, and they usually don’t want to let it tick down because it’s basically enough money for a tollbooth so it often forces a run. Its really strong in the deck and I think makes it a lot stronger. The other key to the deck is against Kate to push the pace, most turns should be draw 1, play 2 cards (shoving something into the remote every turn it doesn’t have a campaign ticking down). If you draw an agenda, just put in the remote, its safer in there and more likely to be scored than in hand. (Icing HQ against shaper is mostly a mistake, unless they have data sucker). Closed Account + BN is very important for Kates that don’t run.

Anyways, Spark rocks. I think its really strong, and has pretty solid match ups across the board for the main runner decks right now.

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s worth running Rex Campaign over Eve in a Spark deck in this meta. Especially in a deck like @Zeromus’s that’s has 2x All Seeing I. It saves one influence over Eve, so that’s another GFI or something like Eli. It clears itself 1 turn quicker than Adonis, so that remote can be used frequently, with Adonis, Launch, and Rex, in a never advance shell game.

I experimented with Rex as soon as I got my hands on D&D. It’s a weird card. It works and you can rez it aggressively since it’s cheap, but Eve really buries the runner if used correctly. 5 trash (net 6 with tax) and a constant drip of econ is pretty strong.

Basically I don’t think they fill the same niche, but it’s not a terrible choice for sure.

2 Likes

Rex campaign doesn’t work versus Val. Getting it really early and protecting it seems like a herculean task. Blackmail and scrubber make Rex campaign easy to take down.

1 Like

Most Vals will go to all sorts of lengths to protect their bad pub. The nice thing about Rex in that matchup is that it is a literal must-trash and you can force a blackmail if you put it in your scoring server. But then you’ve put a Rex in your scoring server, soooo yeah.

4 Likes

Oh I agree that Val can get rid of it easily, but at worst it’s a great bait to get rid of Blackmail in a deck full of never advance baits. And with only 3 counters, it doesn’t stay long in the scoring remote either way.

Just a note, I got to play @Zeromus’s list some. I headlocked a prepaid Kate. On turn 3 she did a 2 prepaid Lucky Find and I responded with a two advanced Reversed Accounts. I was holding back giggles the entire time.

I’m in love.

1 Like

I added some more “flavorful” description to my Spark list, as requested.

8 Likes

Here’s my two cents…

Mergers and Acquisitions

Spark Agency: Worldswide Reach (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (11)

Asset (13)

Upgrade (5)

Operation (5)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (3)

• 2x Architect (Up and Over) ••••
  • 1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set) ••

Other (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

I love License Acquisition.

Currently on something more like:

Cool places

Spark Agency: Worldswide Reach (Data and Destiny)

Agenda (10)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x Breaking News (Core Set)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (13)
1x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
1x Eve Campaign (Humanity’s Shadow) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x Launch Campaign (Data and Destiny)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
2x Reversed Accounts (Up and Over)

Upgrade (8)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)
3x Product Placement (The Universe of Tomorrow)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (4)
1x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
2x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (2)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (8)
1x Archangel (Data and Destiny)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Little Engine (Chrome City)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)